Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Ride from California! - Read If you are broke like me and need a ride for CA

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Ride from California! - Read If you are broke like me and need a ride for CA

Yo..... wassup guys... Defcon is coming up soon but my main problem is that I am a broke ass dude and very anxious to get to the con. Frankly I am not even sure how I am going to pay for admission yet...but the Ride is going to be the MAJOR problem obviously....

If you Live in california , and driving or something to the Con.. Please Email me (S_t_0_r_m@hotmail.com) and/or leave a Private Msg or IM me on AIM my screenname is : thaSt0rmm

Anyway I live around Orange County/Lakewood/Long Beach Area I dont really mind if i have to drive somewhat out of the way to hitch a ride with someone.

Looking forward for someone to contact me .. (we'll talk)

Thanks alot , I would really appreciate if i could get some transportation.

[Hopefully ] See ya at the Con !
    - st.corm

Originally posted by st0rm
    Yo..... wassup guys... Defcon is coming up soon but my main problem is that I am a broke ass dude and very anxious to get to the con.

[Hopefully ] See ya at the Con !

Well where are you going to stay?

Comment

Ok, now I don't suggest going to DC broke for the following listed reasons:
      a. Due to the fact that you will be riding with a complete stranger, he may want gas money or some kinda "I'm not a serial-killer" insurance.

b. Let us say, that you do get to vegas somehow? Just as highwizard said "where are you going to stay?" I can assure you the Vegas P.D. won't let you sleep on the sidwalk.

c. Ok, so maybe you get a hotel, are you forgetting that admittance into DC is not free? Brute-Force is usually only successful on your computer, brute-forcing into DC WILL NOT be successful.

d. So, you get to Vegas, you shack up with buffalo bill, and win $100 on a slot machine to get you through the door. You might have fun once your in, but not nearly as much as If you had brought money.

In the end, I suggest you find SOME way to bring up enough money. Wether it be selling your Xbox and a few other of your toys, or doing a little landscaping for the lil old woman next door otherwise you wont experiance the fullness of DC. Afterall money is what makes the world go round... that and hackers.

I am personally bringing a few hundred dollars, and I still wish I had more...

If there is a DC group close to you I suggest joining it NOW and getting friendly with someone who has a car and a room. Anyways, good luck!

[EDIT] - By the way, "Read If you are broke like me and need a ride for CA". What is a group of broke kids gonna help? Just thought it was odd you were looking for other broke people instead of people with money... I guess if you all put your money together one person can go and bring back the fun news to their fellow broke friends?
      "Mommy these guys keep calling me asshat!" - Billy
      "Well Billy, what did you say to make them respond like that?" - Billy's Mom
      "I just said that I wanted someone to hack a game for me..." - Billy
      "Asshat." - Billy's Mom

Comment

probably because those of us with money and a ride don't want a newbie leech tagging along... Now if he had something to offer in liu of cash then that's a different story...
        --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Still Lookin for ride ..lol

Yo, I agree about how i should bring some cash to the con.... A few hundred bucks will be enough for me.. em anyway, more about the ride and spending the night..

1. I dont mind paying for gas ..to a ride from CA to DefCon
          2. Spending the Night: Not sure at this point where to sleep , I dont need any special treatment, anywhere theres a floor i am good

(Or, I am sure theres going to be many peeps like past years who each pitch in like 5-10 bucks and sleep in a hotel room with 20 other people, for 2-3 days i am down with anything)

3. Finally If you have a ride from California (pretty much anywhere) and want to split the costs with 4-5 people contact me. Gas money isnt a problem, i am working on the whole cash deal.

Thanks ..
          Hopefully see you guys there
          - st.corm

Comment

You get the point....yourwar Mr Niceguy yo....

Yo,

Lol, You get my point right? what i meant was that: I am broke and I need a ride from California to Defcon , Gas money will not be a problem. However, i am not yet sure where i am going to spend the night (as long as theres a floor i am cool). Thats pretty much it.
            - st.corm

Comment

A few cons back I gave a guy a ride, he decided he would pay for ALL the gas, both ways. Granted I got good mileage and gas prices were much better, but that was a sincere gesture than ensured I'd not abandon him at a rest stop on the way.

It looks like I will be driving to con alone and have my room alone, I can share but I'm holding off for now with any offers since none seen to work so far in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by yourwar
                ...brute-forcing into DC WILL NOT be successful....
                HA!
                you MUST be new here... brute force does infact work... but much like one of them thar new fangled comm-puters y'all keep talkin about, ya just gotta know how to go about it... ain't that right twinvega and ck3k?
                If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
                  ya just gotta know how to go about it...
                  If dad says, "no," go ask mom? (heh heh)

Comment

Originally posted by St0rm
                    I am a broke ass dude
                    Fair enough

but the Ride is going to be the MAJOR problem obviously...
                    cause you're broke...makes sense

dont really mind if i have to drive somewhat out of the way to hitch a ride with someone.
                    Why not just keep driving, maybe you could find 4-5 other people who want to go with you.

3. Finally If you have a ride from California (pretty much anywhere) and want to split the costs with 4-5 people contact me. Gas money isnt a problem, i am working on the whole cash deal.
                    There we go, now you have a sufficient amount of cash to make the trip

I am broke and I need a ride from California to Defcon , Gas money will not be a problem.
                    In one sentence....bawlsy

Yo, I agree about how i should bring some cash to the con.... A few hundred bucks will be enough for me..
                    However, i am not yet sure where i am going to spend the night (as long as theres a floor i am cool).
                    A few hundred bucks should cover a room

I know twinvega will find a solution for me
                    Thanks for having faith

Originally posted by Siviak
                    ain't that right twinvega and ck3k?
                    haha, true that holmes
                    Where's the dedication?

Comment

Originally posted by TwinVega
                      Fair enough

cause you're broke...makes sense

Why not just keep driving, maybe you could find 4-5 other people who want to go with you.

There we go, now you have a sufficient amount of cash to make the trip

In one sentence....bawlsy

A few hundred bucks should cover a room

Thanks for having faith

haha, true that holmes

* Ok , when i said i needed a ride, lol i dont have my own car thats why
                      and the few hundred bucks i was talking about was about $250 and thats for buying goodies at the con (if everything works out)

emm...Anyone in CA want to share ride w/ me? Email me
                      - st.corm

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                        A few cons back I gave a guy a ride, he decided he would pay for ALL the gas, both ways. Granted I got good mileage and gas prices were much better, but that was a sincere gesture than ensured I'd not abandon him at a rest stop on the way.

It looks like I will be driving to con alone and have my room alone, I can share but I'm holding off for now with any offers since none seen to work so far in advance.
                        We'll miss the better half, but good you'll be there.

Al
                        "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Originally posted by alklloyd
                          We'll miss the better half, but good you'll be there.

Al
                          Still not set in stone, sorry. Latest news is I leave the country on 7/24, will try to stay for DC first!!!

Comment

I'm 90% sure I'll go.

Know for sure in about 3 weeks. If I do, you're more than welcome to hitch a ride.

Comment

Working...
                            X