Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality Lockpick sets 4 sale?

yo,

I am pretty much a complete novice to Lockpicking, and I am very interested in learning more about the subject.

Is there going to be Quality Lockpick Sets and the Con for Sale? (emm, probably under 60 bucks?) and any tutorials?

Thanks
    - st.corm

At the last couple of cons, the IVU group sold sets from the poor man's set to the utmost in luxury. If you use the SEARCH button for lock pick sets you may find the older posts.

Comment

Originally posted by st0rm
      yo,

I am pretty much a complete novice to Lockpicking, and I am very interested in learning more about the subject.

Is there going to be Quality Lockpick Sets and the Con for Sale? (emm, probably under 60 bucks?) and any tutorials?

Thanks
      Our DC404 lock expert recommended www.southord.com. Go for the "slightly blemished" set. It's $30-$40 if I recall correctly.

Al
      "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

during the hands-on portion of my event they'll be whole sections on making one's own tools, as well as an assortment of sample picks for people to borrow... or rent, as the case may be.

what i'll likely do for ultra-novices is make some bare-bones pick sets (a pair of feelers and a pair of wrenches worth about $7 or $8 total) available for a rental fee of about $10 even. (to discourage things walking off)

i figure that the sets are going to be so basic as to be below most individuals' standards... but if anyone fails to return their borrowed picks (either accidentally or on purpose) they just "bought" themselves a starter kit. we'll see how it goes.
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
        X