Batch Programming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch Programming

I have a bit of batch file programming under my belt and im wondering how {if its possible} to make my file automaticly do button combos when it is run. What im attempting to do is make somthing that will take screenshots for me constantly until i shut it off and then save these screenshots to a file folder.

Originally posted by Ragnarok
    I have a bit of batch file programming under my belt and im wondering how {if its possible} to make my file automaticly do button combos when it is run. What im attempting to do is make somthing that will take screenshots for me constantly until i shut it off and then save these screenshots to a file folder.
    What you describe seems like two different things.
    Are you looking for a program to create snapshots of your desktop as you perform operations? (or)
    Are you looking for a program that duplcates your selections in a GUI?

What is your operating system? (BATch suggests a windows OS, but does not guarantee it.)

[Added content below here:]
    If Linux and using X, check out xvidcap or "import" (command line tool, see man pages)
    If using windows, are you trying to find a way to use the OS "print screen" and copy to an image files for saving, and then do it again with another file?, check out windows scheduler and maybe something like ScreenSeize which was free at one time or mwsnap or ace winscreen "free version" if BMP is ok or you can buy something.
    Last edited by TheCotMan; May 24, 2005, 17:38.

Comment

batch programing

im using windows xp pro, to be more percisce what i want to do is have somthing that i can have running in the background that repeatedly takes screenshots of any open window (alt+printscreen) and have these snapshot saved into a designated folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok
        im using windows xp pro, to be more percisce what i want to do is have somthing that i can have running in the background that repeatedly takes screenshots of any open window (alt+printscreen) and have these snapshot saved into a designated folder.
        I added more URL above for windows after you posted this. (Sorry about that.) If it does not need to be a BATch file, then some of the above may work as stand-alone tools. If you want to still go with a BATch file, then you can look at some of the above as command-line tools to be called from a BATch file, and/or use of the scheduler to start and stop it at a certain time.

I've never used any of that software for windows.

You could probably build something with MS Visual C++ with a little effort, but I know that is not a BATch language.

Comment

batch programming

Thanks for the help, Ill probibally find somthing at one of those links you provided.

Comment

Working...
          X