Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Forum Meet!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    The exact details of the forum meet are still being hammered out, but it is known that it will be on either Thursday or Friday night after 8PM. The meeting will NOT be in the same area as last year. The area will be even larger and facilitate the growth the forum has seen in the past few years. Rumor has it that this new area may be the DC contest area…

    Of course, once the details are solid there will be so many posts and announcements around the forum that you'll all be sick of it ;)

    I'll even make sure to bold the text and give it some fancy color.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by nulltone
      it will be on either Thursday or Friday night after 8PM.
      I just noticed how compacted Thursday/Friday are getting:
      Friday Night at ~10:00pm was selected for QC and Thursday (probably) has the Toxic BBQ around lunch or dinner (?) and then Hackajar's EFF event "The Summit" also on Thursday 9:00pm to midnight

      Getting a time that does not conflict will probably get tougher as time moves forward...
      also sushicon still has no date yet AFAIK (guessing Sun (?)) and there is the DC Shoot and there are still presentations running on Friday at 8:00pm and HJ has not even been listed on the schedule (guessing 10pm Fri/Sat (?))

      Rumor has it that this new area may be the DC contest area…
      That would be a great place-- close to the other presentations, and big enough to have lots of people, and easy to find, but not many chairs have been in there in the past.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by TheCotMan
        I just noticed how compacted Thursday/Friday are getting:
        Friday Night at ~10:00pm was selected for QC and Thursday (probably) has the Toxic BBQ around lunch or dinner (?) and then Hackajar's EFF event "The Summit" also on Thursday 9:00pm to midnight

        Getting a time that does not conflict will probably get tougher as time moves forward...
        also sushicon still has no date yet AFAIK (guessing Sun (?)) and there is the DC Shoot and there are still presentations running on Friday at 8:00pm and HJ has not even been listed on the schedule (guessing 10pm Fri/Sat (?))
        Calm down, man. Take a deep breath. Now repeat after me, "There will be time to do all the things I want. Liquor will provide motivation, Goons will provide organization."

        I'm sure it'll all get all sorted out.
        The dude abides.

        Comment


        • #19
          how long do you think it will be until DT has to make BlackHat a week-long event in late July and DefCon a week-long event at the beginning of August. personally, i think that would be fabulous and would beg, borrow, and steal in order to take off the whole time.

          heh... seriously, though, DefCon is really bursting at the seams (which i think is a good thing, i'm really excited about all that's happening and being planned) and i wonder if in the future it will become an official four-day event somehow. (or if more unofficial thigns start happening on wednesday evening / thursday daytime facilitating the con regulars to arrive another day early. either way, it works for me.
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Xodia
            Calm down, man. Take a deep breath. ...
            Are you threatening me? I Need IP for my TCP/IP! I AM COT-HOLIO! heh-heh, heh-heh, hrm.

            I'm not worried. I was just observing how things seem to be quickly stacking up this year-- seems to be faster than last year.

            Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
            or if more unofficial thigns start happening on wednesday evening / thursday daytime facilitating the con regulars to arrive another day early. either way, it works for me.
            Many things are not pushed back too far beyond Thursday because then there are conflicts with unofficial/private BH events.
            TheCotMan
            *****Retired *****
            Last edited by TheCotMan; June 17, 2005, 12:04. Reason: typo

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
              if more unofficial thigns start happening on wednesday evening / thursday daytime .....
              come on... for me DefCon starts on Tuesday... you should try to make it out earlier if you havn't had the chance to be a part of the Tuesday Night Quarks party...


              Originally posted by Xodia
              Liquor will provide motivation, Goons will provide organization
              you should package that quote and sell it to Noid or something... thats one of the best lines I have seen in a while.
              If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

              Comment


              • #22
                mmm quarks. hope to see ya there.
                If a chicken and a half, can lay an egg and a half, in a day and a half... how long would it take a monkey, with a wooden leg, to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Siviak
                  come on... for me DefCon starts on Tuesday... you should try to make it out earlier if you havn't had the chance to be a part of the Tuesday Night Quarks party...
                  Tuesday night Quarks party?!?

                  I usually land in Vegas Tuesday for Blackhat, and for lack of a better thing to do, usually find myself watching hours of bland hotel porn.

                  Wanna fill me in on the details?
                  Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by erehwon
                    Tuesday night Quarks party?!?

                    I usually land in Vegas Tuesday for Blackhat, and for lack of a better thing to do, usually find myself watching hours of bland hotel porn.

                    Wanna fill me in on the details?

                    Tuesday... about 7ish PM (no sure on the exact time as I am drunk by this time more offten than not)... we all head over to the Las Vegas Hilton and decend onto Quarks like a cloud of booze drinking locusts... hilarity ensues until they kick us out.

                    as a matter of fact thanks to HighWiz there is a link for most of the shit that we do during PreCon ... enjoy
                    Siviak
                    Cerebral Terrorist
                    Last edited by Siviak; June 18, 2005, 14:36. Reason: added link
                    If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Siviak
                      Tuesday... about 7ish PM (no sure on the exact time as I am drunk by this time more offten than not)... we all head over to the Las Vegas Hilton and decend onto Quarks like a cloud of booze drinking locusts... hilarity ensues until they kick us out.

                      as a matter of fact thanks to HighWiz there is a link for most of the shit that we do during PreCon ... enjoy
                      I could have sworn it was monday night last year...

                      Al
                      "Are my pants...threatening you?"

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        No, it's Tuesday and has been for years. Dinner at 7, Quark's at 9ish. I'm way behind on this, I'll think about it soon. If you have a preference, msg me, but remember our options are limited because of group size and diet requirements. If you don't like it, go somewhere else and meet us at Quark's.
                        the fresh princess of 1338

                        What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Siviak
                          you should package that quote and sell it to Noid or something... thats one of the best lines I have seen in a while.
                          Or submit it in the slogan contest.
                          Did Everquest teach you that?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            The forum meet will be either on Thursday or Friday from 8PM until 10PM (but people are free to come and go as they please). Of course, an official announcement complete with a cheap map and all will be posted as soon as the decision is made.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by nulltone
                              The forum meet will be either on Thursday or Friday from 8PM until 10PM.
                              can i put in my $0.02 and plead for a friday evening meet since thursday is already BADLY packed with the business of getting in, getting settled, the Toxic BBQ, and the EFF benefit summit?
                              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                              - Trent Reznor

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Unless its late Thursday, I would say Friday as well, I plan on attending the BBQ, and if its anything like last years, it ran late into the evening. I dont think people left out of there until 9'ish.

                                If its late Thursday, people will have a chance to get nice and drunk at the BBQ.. Should make for happier personalities.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X