Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSA is just getting silly

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TSA is just getting silly

    While going through security a TSA employee threatened to have my traving companion kicked out of the airport for swearing (The swearing was due to nearly having his hand crushed by a careless tsa employee).

    We told them they didn't have a leg to stand on, and they didn't push it.

    How much dumber is this gonna get?
    "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

  • #2
    Originally posted by Abby_Normal
    While going through security a TSA employee threatened to have my traving companion kicked out of the airport for swearing (The swearing was due to nearly having his hand crushed by a careless tsa employee).

    We told them they didn't have a leg to stand on, and they didn't push it.

    How much dumber is this gonna get?
    Hopefully not much worse.... but you never can tell.
    http://cryptome.org/tsa052505.htm
    The only constant in the universe is change itself

    Comment


    • #3
      Whatever you do don't bring an Edward Abbey novel with you, or you'll be considered a terrorist:

      http://www.citypaper.net/articles/10....godfrey.shtml
      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
      [ redacted ]

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bascule
        Whatever you do don't bring an Edward Abbey novel with you, or you'll be considered a terrorist:

        http://www.citypaper.net/articles/10....godfrey.shtml
        Wow, Now I'm tempted to try that, just to be a bitch. Or pehaps try going through security wearing this shirt

        I'm all for good security, but this is just the illusion of security to make stupid white people feel better. Why would a terrorist draw attention to themselfs by reading a book about terrorisim?

        What would a suicide bomber bring for in flight reading anyway?
        "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Abby_Normal
          Wow, Now I'm tempted to try that, just to be a bitch. Or pehaps try going through security wearing this shirt
          Be careful. If you must fly for a living, it does not take much to get you placed on a "no fly" list, and it is one of those things where you are innocent until proven guilty, and determining if [and then why] you are on the list can be time consuming and difficult.

          I'm all for good security, but this is just the illusion of security to make stupid white people feel better. Why would a terrorist draw attention to themselfs by reading a book about terrorisim?
          Reverse psychology? No! Perverse psychology.

          What would a suicide bomber bring for in flight reading anyway?
          Suicide Bombings with Airplanes for Dummies.
          Last edited by TheCotMan; May 31, 2005, 17:01.

          Comment


          • #6
            The only good thing to say about TSA is that in my line of work I get to deal with harbor and port security. Folks who work there could not get on with TSA. So they DO get dumber.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by astcell
              The only good thing to say about TSA is that in my line of work I get to deal with harbor and port security. Folks who work there could not get on with TSA. So they DO get dumber.
              Aieeeeeeeeee
              45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
              45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
              [ redacted ]

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by astcell
                The only good thing to say about TSA is that in my line of work I get to deal with harbor and port security. Folks who work there could not get on with TSA. So they DO get dumber.
                "I have this heart condition, and that is my medication."
                "Nitro-glycerin? Ain't dat duh stuff dey use in die-know-myte?"
                "Maybe, but this is from my Doctor."
                ...

                "This is my lib balm."
                "LIP BOMB!? SECURITY! SECURITY! WE HAVE A BOMB IN HIS LIPS!"
                ...

                "I am a party clown. These are my baloons. I blow up baloons into animals."
                "Yoo arrr a sick man. Blowing (up) animals ain't right."
                ...

                You have my pity. :-/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Abby_Normal
                  Wow, Now I'm tempted to try that, just to be a bitch. Or pehaps try going through security wearing this shirt

                  I'm all for good security, but this is just the illusion of security to make stupid white people feel better. Why would a terrorist draw attention to themselfs by reading a book about terrorisim?

                  What would a suicide bomber bring for in flight reading anyway?
                  Coming home from DC13 I wore a "I Miss Freedom" shirt and got quite a few looks... perhaps not as many as I would if I was wearing my ceremonial Jesus apparel as in the previous night, but still an interesting response.
                  You're either on my side or else you're in the way.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    LAX, April 2003

                    Official: Can I see your passport, sir?
                    theCount: Sure, here you go [takes out passport]
                    Official: Why are you using an Indonesian passport?
                    theCount: Er, I'm Indonesian ...
                    Official: What are you doing in my country?
                    theCount: I'm on a skydiving trip with the British Collegiate Parachuting Association.
                    Official: Skydiving, eh? Does that mean you be in 'planes?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bascule
                      Whatever you do don't bring an Edward Abbey novel with you, or you'll be considered a terrorist:

                      http://www.citypaper.net/articles/10....godfrey.shtml
                      I made the mistake of flying with a copy of the koran once.. ONCE. I swear to god.. I was praying for a roomfull of TSA midgets, because I was sure I was going to get a cavity search. They almost did not let me on the jet. Of couse, they did not mention the book, but they were bastards every step of the way.
                      Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I got hassled right here in Vegas because the TSA agent was sure that my US PASSPORT wasn't "acceptable I.D. for flying within the US"...

                        They are running ad's on the radio to goto work for them... "all you need is a GED or equivalent and the ability to pass a background check..." now I'm not too sure what the equivalent to a GED is but DAMN
                        If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Siviak
                          I got hassled right here in Vegas because the TSA agent was sure that my US PASSPORT wasn't "acceptable I.D. for flying within the US"...

                          They are running ad's on the radio to goto work for them... "all you need is a GED or equivalent and the ability to pass a background check..." now I'm not too sure what the equivalent to a GED is but DAMN
                          Had they never seen a passport before? Makes me feel so safe.

                          When I checked in I couldn't find my id (it was in my other bag) after searching for a while I told the woman "How about I say I'm under 18?" she laughed and said that would have worked if I had said it before failing to find my id. Kinda scary.

                          Not that I think showing ID does any good. After all, all the 9/11 guys had ID.
                          "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Siviak
                            now I'm not too sure what the equivalent to a GED is but DAMN
                            At least in California...a GED is basically the equivalent to being able to speak the English language..and in some cases, not even that. The stoner/pot-head kids that drop out and waste their life can easily get a GED by taking a test that is almost on a 4th grade level. It's not much.
                            Answering easy questions since 1987
                            Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut ĂȘtre contre moi?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Second
                              At least in California...a GED is basically the equivalent to being able to speak the English language..and in some cases, not even that. The stoner/pot-head kids that drop out and waste their life can easily get a GED by taking a test that is almost on a 4th grade level. It's not much.
                              If you can spell your name you can get a ged. I got mine when I was 18, it was way too easy. It was either take the ged or do an extra year of high school to make up all the gym I ditched. I'm sorry, it was just to early in the am for me.
                              "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X