Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm apologizing now for the noobness....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm apologizing now for the noobness....

I have a little higher than your average joe understanding of computers but I'm want ing to learn more. I understand that I'm going to have to do alot of reading and trial n error. But I was wondering if anyone could give me a push in the right direction so I can start learning i.e Titles of things I should read or How to articals. I don't wanna be one of those people that just ask dumb questions all the time or have to have someone hold my hand through the process. If I said anything retarded I'm sorry, I just don't know where to start so if anyone could suggest something I'll be on my way. Thnx.

Originally posted by Raver
    I have a little higher than your average joe understanding of computers but I'm want ing to learn more. I understand that I'm going to have to do alot of reading and trial n error. But I was wondering if anyone could give me a push in the right direction so I can start learning i.e Titles of things I should read or How to articals. I don't wanna be one of those people that just ask dumb questions all the time or have to have someone hold my hand through the process. If I said anything retarded I'm sorry, I just don't know where to start so if anyone could suggest something I'll be on my way. Thnx.
    First suggestion. Read before posting. If you would have done that you would have found threads that offer "favorite e-books" and "linux books" as well as "How to get started in the security field" , and "What Website can's you live without" and other suggestions on the main defcon website. If you did this, your post would not have been needed.

Second, read the rules before posting again.
    Last edited by TheCotMan; June 1, 2005, 02:57.

Comment

I saw him as our "Newest Member" last night. I knew I should have PMed him after seeing that name, sort of a pre-emptive strike.
      "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar
        I saw him as our "Newest Member" last night. I knew I should have PMed him after seeing that name, sort of a pre-emptive strike.
        I have to say that was better than a lot of new members. No bad spelling or typing, and no "teach me to hack".

I say let him live.
        "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

Originally posted by Abby_Normal
          I have to say that was better than a lot of new members. No bad spelling or typing, and no "teach me to hack".
          There are words that are not properly spelled, but I did not want to address those. (If I point out too many mistakes, that tends to scare people away, and my spelling is far from perfect.)

I say let him live.
          Looking at the history of the forums, unless someone is trying very hard to get banned, you'll often see early warnings (like first one is free or strike one, strike two, strike three or other statements.) How the poster deals with these warnings determines their lifespan.

In this way, their future is mostly determined by their own actions-- something they alone control.
          Last edited by TheCotMan; June 1, 2005, 15:50. Reason: bad grammar

Comment

Thanks for the links and again sorry for bringing the level of the forum down to a noobie status with a question like that. In the future I'll try harder not to be so ignorant and waste your time with retarded questions such as the one that started this thread. (P.S not ment to be taken in a sarcastic tone.)

Comment

Working...
            X