The Summit 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Summit 2005

The dc702 group in association with hackajar and theUsualSuspect AM1230 Radio show would like to announce the 1st Annual DefCon Summit

We are looking for DefCon and BlackHat speakers, as well as well known people in the computer security field to attend this event, for free.

The event is a fund rasier for the EFF. They will be bringing a keynote speaker TBA.

Other attendee's pay low admission fee of $30. ALL TICKET SALES WILL GO TO EFF. Sponsors will cover DJ, Food, Venue and Raffel

Please visit http://www.dc702summit.org for further details.
    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Originally posted by hackajar
    The dc702 group in association with hackajar and theUsualSuspect AM1230 Radio show would like to announce the 1st Annual DefCon Summit

We are looking for DefCon and BlackHat speakers, as well as well known people in the computer security field to attend this event, for free.

The event is a fund rasier for the EFF. They will be bringing a keynote speaker TBA.

Other attendee's pay low admission fee of $30. ALL TICKET SALES WILL GO TO EFF. Sponsors will cover DJ, Food, Venue and Raffel

No offense buddy, but I don't know how well it would really come off...

The Summit brings togeather DefCon & Black Hat speakers, past/present, as well as well known names in the computer security world. They come togeather in a small, private venue to meet with you!
    That's kinda what Defcon is...

Comment

This is small intimate engagement with !> 200 people. A planned event that allows all the people you want to talk to be in the same room without somewhere to be or something to do. Your strapping down people to allow freeflow and thought without a pre-disposition to party it up and not talk about what you know, or only be able to say what you got to say in a limited 50min window during your talk.

And don't forget it's for a great cause, the EFF

Comment

This is small intimate engagement with !> 200 people. A planned event that allows all the people you want to talk to be in the same room without somewhere to be or something to do. Your strapping down people to allow freeflow and thought without a pre-disposition to party it up and not talk about what you know, or only be able to say what you got to say in a limited 50min window during your talk.

And don't forget it's for a great cause, the EFF
        Sadly, you will be cutting a great deal of Possible attendees out since that's the night of the ToxicBBQ..

Good Luck though.

Comment

I bet we'd raise more money for EFF if we published when you'll be working the dunk tank.
          That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ndex
            I bet we'd raise more money for EFF if we published when you'll be working the dunk tank.
            ZING!! Ouch, you got me with that one!

Comment

To squash any confusion, and to insure we don't step on each outhers events toes, the times for this event will in fact be 9:00PM-12:00AM

There was much confusion on the part of the venue as to time constraints. Those that were working closely with me on this (thanks devient & Tierra) can attest to weird timing issues.

theSummit -
              Thursday July 28, 2005
              Ice House - Las Vegas
              9:00PM-12:00AM
              http://www.dc702summit.org

Comment

To squash any confusion, and to insure we don't step on each outhers events toes, the times for this event will in fact be 9:00PM-12:00AM

http://www.dc702summit.org
                There might be a scheduling conflict here with Micro$oft's usual bash after Blackhat, but if this year's party is going to be anything like last years shindig, you might have an overflow wanting in!
                Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

Originally posted by erehwon
                  There might be a scheduling conflict here with Micro$oft's usual bash after Blackhat, but if this year's party is going to be anything like last years shindig, you might have an overflow wanting in!
                  There's a MS afterparty from BlackHat? No really, not kidding, who would have thought!

Comment

There's a MS afterparty from BlackHat? No really, not kidding, who would have thought!
                    I missed last years Microsoft bash, (thankfully) I understand the party planners were going for some Area 51 like party busing everyone about an hour into the desert and having it all in a bunch of tents.

Now the year before, it was held at the Ghost Bar on the top floor of the Palms, open bar, wonderful eye candy, and probably one of the best views of Las Vegas, especially at night and with a full moon.

It was the most fun I have had with anything related to Microsoft!
                    Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

I missed last years Microsoft bash, (thankfully) I understand the party planners were going for some Area 51 like party busing everyone about an hour into the desert and having it all in a bunch of tents.

Now the year before, it was held at the Ghost Bar on the top floor of the Palms, open bar, wonderful eye candy, and probably one of the best views of Las Vegas, especially at night and with a full moon.

It was the most fun I have had with anything related to Microsoft!
                      I've been to some well done MS parties. Open Bars, lotsa free shwag. They definatly know how to spend money. Though they do need to work on thier door security, those guys will believe any cock and bull story you come up with about 'lost invites'
                      Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

... busing everyone about an hour into the desert and having it all in a bunch of tents. ...
                        Originally posted by renderman
                        ... Though they do need to work on thier door security, those guys will believe any cock and bull story you come up with about 'lost invites'
                        A friend who went to last years' party said that he thought it exemplified MS's whole approach to security: The location was obscure, but getting on the bus to get there posed little or no problem.
                        Thorn
                        "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

busing everyone about an hour into the desert and having it all in a bunch of tents
                          Considering how much I've pissed off some companies, I'd be very hesitant to be bussed out to an undisclosed location in the middle of the Nevada desert by them :)

Comdex was always great for free parties. MS, Viewsonic, and a whole host of others I was too drunk to remember provided about 90% of my food and booze for a week. I had no reason to be at any of them. Press passes are worth thier weight in gold at trade shows.

With comdex gone, guess I'll have to find another way to freeload......Blackhat will have to do..

http://www.renderlab.net/DC11/blackhat.html
                          http://www.renderlab.net/gallery/Defcon12/100_2103
                          Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Working...
                          X