Do you have a "Best DefCon Experience, Ever?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite over all?
    That would be DC9. Met all kinds of people who would be my friends for the next set of years to come.

My favorite moment over all? Last night, playing that set at the black and white ball.
    ======================================
    DJ Jackalope
    dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
    ======================================

Comment

I would like to ammend my prior post with this short statment about DefCon 13... Best DefCon Ever!
      Last edited by Siviak; August 2nd, 2005, 18:36.
      If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

My new favorite defcon experience is winning the scavy hunt. I can't believe a bunch of out of towners rocked a team of people who live there. I would like to thank everyone who helped us again, it was a blast.
        ~:CK:~
        I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
          My favorite moment over all? Last night, playing that set at the black and white ball.
          That was indeed an awesome set Jackalope, I enjoyed it exceedingly. ( As well as the other dj's/preformers )

Originally posted by ck3k
          My new favorite defcon experience is winning the scavy hunt. I can't believe a bunch of out of towners rocked a team of people who live there. I would like to thank everyone who helped us again, it was a blast.
          It seems to be that way. Foreigners know more about the city they visit then the locals.

"It's funny, you live in the universe but you never do these things 'til someone comes to visit." -- Dr Zoidberg
          :wq

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
            I would like to ammend my prior post with the short statmne about DefCon 13... Best DefCon Ever!

Same here brother, same here. I will have to chalk up the "Goon Hospitality Committee" as my best DC moment ever. Mad props to Flea and Pescador whom had 3000+lbs of Goon within a min. of my phone call to ensure the person on interest had opportunity to apologize for being as asshole to a speaker. I'm sure he and the person he offended was greatful for us allowing him to make things right.
            Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

This was my first of many DefCons to come. Everyone I met was very cool and I had a really great time. I cant believe it was only $80!
              My favorite part of DefConXlll was early Saturday morning around 8:00 a.m. I had the privilege of speaking with Mr. Robert Morris for about an hour before the con got started. His wit is only surpassed by his brilliance.
              Thank you to all those who worked so hard to give us a great event.
              In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

Comment

Originally posted by Toothpaste
                "It's funny, you live in the universe but you never do these things 'til someone comes to visit." -- Dr Zoidberg
                Ha where were you for hacker jeopardy?

This was my first con and not knowing much about it I learned more than anything. I hope next year to not only run another contest (amature ctf) but to join a few like hacker jeopardy, cannonball run, IP appliance, or whatever looks good.

I want to say thanks to all the people who made it great

As for my memory of this con. it has to be two things. one woundering where all the video i thought i shot went after I uploaded the camera to the computewr (must have been drinking too much) and giving a shot of grey goose vodka that had been in a used palstic cup prior to putting it into a drunk tux shot glass to the G4 guy

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
                  Speaking of which, have the sets been posted anywhere?
                  “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

Originally posted by spahkle
                    One of my best was before DC13 started on Wednesday night at the 3Com party where Spahkle kept bringing me drinks. ;)

-JohnD

Comment

Originally posted by John D
                      One of my best was before DC13 started on Wednesday night at the 3Com party where Spahkle kept bringing me drinks. ;)

-JohnD
                      I think I made everyone's night when I kept dropping by with four at a time.
                      “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

Originally posted by spahkle
                        working on it , we had a near meltdown with the recording computer this year . but we do have a recording .
                        the only question in life is , Why?

Comment

Working...
                        X