Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roomies? Guys?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Roomies? Guys?

    Hey,

    I just graduated high school, and can finally go to Vegas without the aide of parents. The thing is, I don't have enough cash for a hotel room, and have just barely enough to get in the con/ live on for three days. So this is really just a mercy post- if anyone wants to put me up for free, and let me sleep in the floor, I'll be forever in your debt. Email subshok@yahoo.com if charity is your thing, heh. If requested, I'll supply a background check. Peace.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Ash
    Hey,

    I just graduated high school, and can finally go to Vegas without the aide of parents. The thing is, I don't have enough cash for a hotel room, and have just barely enough to get in the con/ live on for three days. So this is really just a mercy post- if anyone wants to put me up for free, and let me sleep in the floor, I'll be forever in your debt. Email subshok@yahoo.com if charity is your thing, heh. If requested, I'll supply a background check. Peace.

    I don't need a background check on you, I'll settle for a Picture.

    Comment


    • #3
      Now Highwiz can have all the guys who no longer sleep on the floor at Neverland.

      Comment


      • #4
        I still think we need a lackey program just for people like this...
        If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Siviak
          I still think we need a lackey program just for people like this...
          Wouldn't that interfer with the push for monkey butlers.
          “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Siviak
            I still think we need a lackey program just for people like this...
            Apprentice Hacker...hmmmm, has possibilities. I can see that on my business card...
            I enjoy talking to myself...it's usually the only intelligent conversations I get to have.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Siviak
              I still think we need a lackey program just for people like this...
              mmm, I like the idea of having a bunch of boys to carry me about the con on a litter...
              "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Abby_Normal
                mmm, I like the idea of having a bunch of boys to carry me about the con on a litter...
                They'll only do it to see up your skirt.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Quiet_Wolf
                  Wouldn't that interfer with the push for monkey butlers.
                  monkey butlers, lackeys.. all the same thing. Trainability is the issue. Vegas is perfect for it because they have plenty of electricity to run all the lights required...
                  “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by astcell
                    They'll only do it to see up your skirt.
                    quiet man... you'll give away my secret!!!


                    a few years ago Spahkle, HighWiz, myself and a few others came up with the idea of something like "you give me $20 in return you get a room for the weekend and a t-shirt that says "I am a $Lackey, my duties include...." we take $10 to pay for the shirt and give the other $10 to whoever is hosting the Lackey.... they can be put to work doing anything the Host desires, as long as it is within the relm of reality. ie, go get beer, sit here and watch my stuff for a few minutes, take this stuff back to the room, make sure the room is rightside up when the maids get there, etc. We all thought it would be a great idea..... we could see if they would be willing to bare you around on a litter beforehand if you would like Mistress Abby
                    If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I was in the same sort of situation at Defcon X. I _THINK_ i spent thursday night on Spahkle's floor for 40 bucks. Had another room lined up for the res tof hte con, but my cell fell out of my pocket on my way so i had no contact. Luckily i found some poeples i had met at Phreaknic 5 and was welcomed in for little charge. Hopefully your room situation will work out ok. If your anything like me, people shouldnt be worried about welcoming you into their room. Altough i understand their reservations....

                      Psyiode

                      PS. Oh yeah i dont htink ive posted for 3 years lol.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        At DC12 I went back to my room to find some dude in bed there. I had no idea if he was in the wrong room, was offered the bed by my wife, or was the offer to my wife in the bed. It was just weird, but it was Defcon, so it wasn't so weird.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Siviak
                          a few years ago Spahkle, HighWiz, myself and a few others came up with the idea of something like "you give me $20 in return you get a room for the weekend and a t-shirt that says "I am a $Lackey, my duties include...." we take $10 to pay for the shirt and give the other $10 to whoever is hosting the Lackey.... they can be put to work doing anything the Host desires, as long as it is within the relm of reality.
                          Did this idea ever materialise ?

                          If so, sign me up please, sir !

                          If I can afford the plane ride, I'll have whatever money I can collect back on old loans from my friends...so basically not much.

                          ps Abby, I'm vege too

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X