Let the preparations begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the preparations begin

The con is only a month off now. All my plans for the week are set up, but I still have some pre-con preparations to make before I'm totally ready (getting cheap cigs to bring, getting blinders to shield from pool2girl, outfit for the B&W, etc.).

What things do you guys have left to do before your good to go?
    The dude abides.

Originally posted by Xodia
    The con is only a month off now. All my plans for the week are set up, but I still have some pre-con preparations to make before I'm totally ready (getting cheap cigs to bring, getting blinders to shield from pool2girl, outfit for the B&W, etc.).

What things do you guys have left to do before your good to go?
    About 3 months worth of work.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Wow, people actually plan out their week? Both conferences I went to were spur of the moment things. Two years ago consisted of my friend showing up at my house the day before, saying "Lets go to Defcon" and us getting in the car and driving 12 hours to Vegas. So I supposed the only planning left I have is to make sure I have $80 left in my bank account by next month.

-zac
      %54%68%69%73%20%69%73%20%6E%6F%74%20%68%65%78

Comment

Book flights, figure out who is sleeping on my floor, pummel money out of those that still owe me for the floor, figure out which talks to attend and how to schedule them together with everything else, collect dedication to bring, decorate juggling balls with DC13 logo's, ensure money is still around when I go.
        Of course its fully cooked... we had it set on "linen".

Comment

I have been waiting for this moment for a year. I reserved the hotel room in January when I was there for CES. I have my driving schedule set and ready to go, my camera gear is in the shop for a final tune up (and a special pool2girl protectorant), I found some new swag and gear to bring, and I'm not spending money unless I have to before con.

The speaker schedule is printed out with events and contests highlighted, my calendar is marked with events not to be missed. My blackberry and pager will probably not make the trip with me as this is the only time of year I can lay them aside peacefully.

My time off work has been approved, my co-workers think I'm mad, and the Missus will be on the east coast.

BRING ~~~ IT ~~~ ON.

Comment

defcon prep completion: 1%
            user status: obtain work auth

notes: prep team will be dispatched in mid-July to book hotel/flight, etc
            if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Book flights, figure out who is sleeping on my floor, pummel money out of those that still owe me for the floor, figure out which talks to attend and how to schedule them together with everything else, collect dedication to bring, decorate juggling balls with DC13 logo's, ensure money is still around when I go.
              Pummeling? Arrrr....

You should drive there with me and CK. It would save us all money.

I still have to get about 100 dollars, and figure out what I'm going to bring. Since this is my first con, I figure this is going to take way longer than needed. Making a schedule probably wouldn't be a bad idea, although I think it's all going to go to hell anyways.

-theitaliangunman

Comment

I always try to plan things out as much as possible ahead of time, there's normally quite a bit going on with people/transportation/rides/talks/money/hotel/etc...

Most of my pre-defcon stuff is worked out, a few little details here and there, but mostly its just sit and wait.
                Oh.. and not spend any money/try to work more.
                The only constant in the universe is change itself

Comment

I've got flight, hotel, and car arrangements all taken care of. I've been checking the schedule to determine what talks I'm going to check out.

This will be my second Defcon. I'm going this one alone. Last year my boss came with me (a condition of my ex-employer paying for the trip).. He's a cool guy, but due to him, I spent most of the con wandering around while he tried to impress people..

Since this one's on my dollar, I plan on getting to know some of the people. There's a lot of knowledge in the Alexis Park I'd like to absorb...

Comment

Working...
                  X