Last Call for DCMC Filler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Call for DCMC Filler

We'll be closing up submissions of new filler clips to be played on DCMC sometime in the next 2 weeks. This is just one last reminder, if you find any funny/cool/interesting short video clips, send them our way. We've already got enough filler so far to completely switch out last year's filler with all new clips, but the more, the better.

Make your submissions here:
    http://ibaku.net/filler/

Anything over 50MB, PM me so I can get it through a more reliable method than an upload script.

Originally posted by Tierra
    We'll be closing up submissions of new filler clips to be played on DCMC sometime in the next 2 weeks. This is just one last reminder, if you find any funny/cool/interesting short video clips, send them our way. We've already got enough filler so far to completely switch out last year's filler with all new clips, but the more, the better.

Make your submissions here:
    http://ibaku.net/filler/

Anything over 50MB, PM me so I can get it through a more reliable method than an upload script.
    Quick question for you.. what would it take to get you to make some cd's with the clips on them?
    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che
      Quick question for you.. what would it take to get you to make some cd's with the clips on them?
      Wish the answer was just as quick... I made a couple attempts to open up last year's filler for download some time ago with some limited bandwidth issues that showed themselves a lot faster than I was expecting. At this point, I'm using the same server, but with about 4 times the bandwidth I had at the time I made that first attempt, but now I've also got twice as much filler, heh. I've also got another 3GB of filler not even listed on that filler page that I haven't filtered through just yet (thanks Deviant btw).

I'm planning on filtering through all the filler from last year and what we have this year and packaging up a release of only the best clips (maybe 3gb worth), and releasing a torrent sometime right before Defcon possibly.

If I can get the time, I'll also burn off some copies of that same filler on DVD-Rs and bring them with me to Defcon. How many people would be interested in that case?

Comment

releasing a torrent sometime right before Defcon possibly.
        Obviously the best route you could use. Even if you were to limit the upload rate at your end to something you are comfortable with, I think we would all be thankful for such a gift.

If I can get the time, I'll also burn off some copies of that same filler on DVD-Rs and bring them with me to Defcon. How many people would be interested in that case?
        I think just about everybody.

Does $3 sound fair? What about including a note on how to help seed the torrent?

Comment

Originally posted by Voltage Spike
          Obviously the best route you could use. Even if you were to limit the upload rate at your end to something you are comfortable with, I think we would all be thankful for such a gift.
          The fact that I didn't cap my upload on the first torrent attempt actually became the downfall of that torrent. My pipe was putting out ~10Mbit/s... everyone would finish the torrent before the next person would start downloading it. Between the people that just don't seed and the people that just thought it was already seeded plently well, it took out my bandwidth pretty quick. So yes, it will be capped this time.

Originally posted by Voltage Spike
          Does $3 sound fair? What about including a note on how to help seed the torrent?
          That sounds fair, and including a torrent file on the DVD along with a note is a good idea as well.

Comment

I'd be cool wit dat... I would like to have a DVD with all the filler on it.
            If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

I know of a few people that don't lurk on the forums, who would gladly pay $3-$5 for the DCTV filler material. Put me down for 1 personally and if you press a few more, I'll pick them up for friends. I'll be working in the Vendor area on the evening shift during con.

Thanks.
              Aut disce aut discede

Comment

Same here... I have no problem paying a few bucks for it. I rather do that then kill someone's bandwidth.
                Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

I would also be willing to pay for one.
                  "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Alright, looks like I'll be bringing a number of copies to the con with me, not only that, but eco (some of you may know him, but he is the brains behind the box that powers DCMC) has just offered up his server for seeding the torrent as well (doubling our upload capability with another 100gb), so the bandwidth issue is now a mute point, though it would still be nice to have some additional people seeding in case the popularity of the torrent is more than I'm expecting.

Comment

I have about 50-100 gigs I could put to use for ya.
                      If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

I'd go for a dvd as well...hope you've got "Jesus Christ, Supercop" in there. I take it that last year the b/w limitation prevented you from posting the second part you had been talking about? At any rate, the first part was great; I appreciate your efforts.

Al
                        "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Put me down for a dvd of content. I'd happily pay for it.
                          “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
                            I have about 50-100 gigs I could put to use for ya.
                            Sure, jump on the torrent seed (I'll get you the torrent file so you can get seeding before I announce it). I also realized today that both mine and eco's bandwidth counts get reset on the 1st, so we actually have about 400gb of total transfer between both of us.

Originally posted by alklloyd
                            I'd go for a dvd as well...hope you've got "Jesus Christ, Supercop" in there.
                            /me googles...
                            Ah, very nice, added to filler =).

Originally posted by alklloyd
                            I take it that last year the b/w limitation prevented you from posting the second part you had been talking about?
                            Actually, that first torrent was going to be one of 4 torrents, but it did have most of the smaller files. The other torrents were going to have some of the longer filler, but yeah, the bandwidth issues killed me on the first torrent, should of had some better planning.

Comment

Sure, jump on the torrent seed (I'll get you the torrent file so you can get seeding before I announce it).
                              just let me know mang

Comment

Working...
                              X