This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question deserving quick answer

can some one please explain to me what the fuck ... an embedded system is. it seems to have stumped www.google.com .
    thank you.

3rd hit down.
    http://www.google.com/search?oe=UTF-...dded+system%22

"An embedded system is a special-purpose computer system, which is completely encapsulated by the device it controls. An embedded system has specific requirements and performs pre-defined tasks, unlike a general-purpose personal computer."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embedded_system

Try harder next time.
    Aut disce aut discede

Comment

Originally posted by ExCeeded
      can some one please explain to me what the fuck ... an embedded system is. it seems to have stumped www.google.com .
      thank you.
      The are usually complete systems on a single chip. Try "embedded processor" in Google.

A good example is the BASIC Stamp by www.Parallax.com.
      Thorn
      "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Originally posted by ExCeeded
        thank you.
        I bet you did not know that google does defintions too? Yep. Keywork "define:" and if you have more than one word, then use of "" can contain them together in the definition search.

Mr. Google, please [ define:"embedded system" ] (Without the "[]" in the google query of course.)

Comment

Firefox also does this. dict xxxx gives you the definition from dictionary.com.
          Answering easy questions since 1987
          Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut ĂȘtre contre moi?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
            I bet you did not know that google does defintions too? Yep. Keywork "define:" and if you have more than one word, then use of "" can contain them together in the definition search.

Mr. Google, please [ define:"embedded system" ] (Without the "[]" in the google query of course.)
            We should drag Johnny into the forums, he would have a field day here. Maybe someone can make a google search 101 sticky in the "Got Questions" channel
            "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Working...
            X