Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone know a place to get cheap custom t-shirts in very small quantity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know a place to get cheap custom t-shirts in very small quantity?

i did a couple of searches on the forums for "shirt" "shirts" and "custom shirts" but either ended up getting no results or too many results. my apologies if this topic has been raised in the past.

does anyone know of a good vendor (online, i'd suppose) who sells custom-printed shirts (nothing fancy... no graphics, really, just some text) at very low prices?

i'd like to make a couple of shirts in very low quantity (like, just a few) but don't want to go through all the mess typically associated with a bulk order. it was great when the guys from toorcon were at DC12 making custom shirts one at a time for people at a cost of like $20 (but to me, $20 is a bit high if it's a company or established vendor whom i find to do this)

any suggestions?
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
    i did a couple of searches on the forums for "shirt" "shirts" and "custom shirts" but either ended up getting no results or too many results. my apologies if this topic has been raised in the past.

does anyone know of a good vendor (online, i'd suppose) who sells custom-printed shirts (nothing fancy... no graphics, really, just some text) at very low prices?

i'd like to make a couple of shirts in very low quantity (like, just a few) but don't want to go through all the mess typically associated with a bulk order. it was great when the guys from toorcon were at DC12 making custom shirts one at a time for people at a cost of like $20 (but to me, $20 is a bit high if it's a company or established vendor whom i find to do this)

any suggestions?

What kinda of order would you be placing (# wise)

Comment

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customiz...lear=true&no=2
      http://www.customink.com/T-Shirt-Des...wn-T-Shirt.htm
      http://www.zazzle.com/create/info/introduction.asp
      "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Cafepress is WAY to expensive for a quick and dirty t-shirt job. This may be helpful If you get the job done locally it's usually WAY cheaper
        "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

I suggest you consult your local yellow pages for "screen printing"

There's places around here that will do one color prints for $10
          45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
          45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
          [ redacted ]

Comment

Cafe Press has lousy quality IMHO. I have never received a good product from them.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
              Cafe Press has lousy quality IMHO. I have never received a good product from them.
              Cheap screen printing beats that iron-on crap any day
              45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
              45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
              [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar
                Cafepress is WAY to expensive for a quick and dirty t-shirt job. This may be helpful If you get the job done locally it's usually WAY cheaper

You are correct that it may be cheaper, but he is running against another factor now.... If he wants these for Defcon he waited too long to place an order. And there is a very good chance a local place that has to send their stuff out to get printed won't get done in his need time.

Comment

In the mall near where I live, there is a T-shirt store that just sells t-shirts (im sure they are pretty common)...
                  In the back they make custom shirts with whatever you want on them, for around 25 cents per large letter/symbol.. then 7 for the shirt...

It would work out to be around 14 a shirt or something. So you might want to checkout a local t-shirt store. Also you might checkout a local custom sign store.
                  The only constant in the universe is change itself

Comment

any suggestions?

Um, would say that my SnowSlutz group could help you out, but we are way too back logged right now to take on any more print jobs.

However, you may want to see if ArtApart would be of help to you. I think their site is at artapart.com
                    "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                      Yeah, you need real screen printing. Screw Cafepress.

Al
                      "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

ok, these are all some great ideas. i'll check them out. this was not to make an order of shirts to sell or anything large like that. really, just a couple of quick print jobs in a quantity of like three or four (team shirts, and other little stuff like that) about which i was curious.
                        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Check out this site http://www.spreadshirt.com/Services.2.0.html
                          Had a couple made here a few weeks ago. U can design online and they ship the next day. Min quantity = 1 ... cost me 25 bucks with shipping..
                          Chi-Town Knuckleheads . . Winners of the DC 11 cannonball first time out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by montare
                            Check out this site http://www.spreadshirt.com/Services.2.0.html
                            Had a couple made here a few weeks ago. U can design online and they ship the next day. Min quantity = 1 ... cost me 25 bucks with shipping..
                            kickass! that is exactly what i was looking for. a quick and dirty designer tool that allows for text, etc, and no requirements of uploading graphics. cheap cost, and they let you run off items one at a time. thank you. thank you. thank you. (and thanks to all who suggested things, everyone's links and ideas were very helpful)
                            - Trent Reznor

Comment

kickass! that is exactly what i was looking for. a quick and dirty designer tool that allows for text, etc, and no requirements of uploading graphics. cheap cost, and they let you run off items one at a time. thank you. thank you. thank you. (and thanks to all who suggested things, everyone's links and ideas were very helpful)

Glad I could help.. now if TomEE would just let me borrow the cannonball logo for my next shirt project... oh yea.. and were still waiting for our free drink(s) prize too ;)
                              Chi-Town Knuckleheads . . Winners of the DC 11 cannonball first time out!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X