No announcement yet.

Forum Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i tend to punch up between half a dozen and a dozen tabs when viewing sites with multiple links that i plan to read. i'll keep it down around 3 to 4 and see how the defcon forums behave for me now.

i'm also going to tell mozilla that forum.defcon.org doesn't need to be routed through my local filtering proxy, since i don't know how that software handles the HTTP requests... perhaps it is pulling the page down with multiple GET requests for identical images, etc. it's an old proxy and i haven't updated it in forever. that may be part of my problem.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Total Connections

If you are unlucky enough to anger the forums, you will know about it because no more pages will load.
      PGP Key: https://defcon.org/html/links/dtangent.html

Comment

sweet zombie jesus! i disabled use of the local proxy as described above and the forums are fucking flying! that was definitely it. i'll have to pull some pages from my own apache box and check the logs to see what on earth the filter proxy does when trying to fetch the HTML.

thanks for all the helpful replies with respect to server tolerances.
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Rumor has it, DT has taken the gunnery seat and will be personally accepting or denying every packet that touches defcon.org until the 1st of August. Be warned.
          if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Working...
          X