revised BCCC scheduling poll... what time on friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• revised BCCC scheduling poll... what time on friday

so, it seems that my wish for an earlier speaking slot was granted... and i'm on for 11:00 - 13:00 on saturday now. this is terrific, since it will give me plenty of time to conduct the hands-on session and do overflow Q & A in the contest area in conjunction with LPCON events... but this means that the Beverage Cooling Contraption Contest will have to be moved from its tentative saturday afternoon time to either friday or sunday. and, since the majority of this little contest's planning has been a democratic group effort... i ask all of you which day would be better.
    keep it at noon - midday works better for my schedule
    50.00%
    make it later... like 7:00 or 7:30 - roll it into the forum meet
    16.67%
    i don't know / i don't care / i'm useless
    33.33%
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

It should be on Friday *right* before the forum meet. The winner gets a very big hug from forum meet attendees for cooling their brews.
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
      this is terrific, since it will give me plenty of time to conduct the hands-on session and do overflow Q & A in the contest area ....
      I got dibs on "overflow" monitor for the beer contest!

... mmmmmm overflow....
      If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Havent talked to my teammate yet, but Friday works for me. Due to Sunday being a 'short' day from a staffing perspective, my team goes on duty around then. However on Friday, I'm off duty till 1700

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

friday was actually my personal preference, but i was holding my tounge until i heard from the group. since it looks like that will work better than sunday for a variety of reasons (and since i am an asshat who couldn't even type the poll correctly, mentioning "saturday" instead of "sunday" in option #4) let's lock it in then (and possibly lock this thread to prevent additional poll weirdness)

i do like the idea of it being in conjunction with the forum meet, however, so feel free to express your opinions about the "noon versus evening" time slot in a new poll which i will post momentarily. (heh, don't think i ever posted a poll before)
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

revised BCCC scheduling poll... what time on friday

so, we're locking in the Beverage Cooling Contraption Contest for Friday. the only question being debated now is whether to have it run during the daytime (around noon) or later in the afternoon/early evening (say around 7:00 or 7:30, just before the forum meet party)

if we run it as a daytime event i think that outside by pool #1 would work well (where i had planned originally). if we go for later in the day, just before the forum meet, would we want to be out there or in the athena room (since that's where these devices should rightly end up in order to service us at the party)
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

There is something good about doing this at noon when it is a lot warmer rather than in the evening. The effect of the cool beer wil be greater at high noon. Think marketing!

Comment

Originally posted by noid
                Havent talked to my teammate yet, but Friday works for me. Due to Sunday being a 'short' day from a staffing perspective, my team goes on duty around then. However on Friday, I'm off duty till 1700
                Friday would work fine with me as well. I'm all for the noon spot.
                "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Working...
                X