Defcon Movie Channel Lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dented-Halo
    Is this version of 23 dubbed or subtittled?
    It is in german with english subtitles. They are what most would call a "fan sub" though I've never heard that phrased used for anything but anime. Tierra can provide more information as he spent some time getting them to work right.

Comment

Originally posted by A
      It is in german with english subtitles. They are what most would call a "fan sub" though I've never heard that phrased used for anything but anime. Tierra can provide more information as he spent some time getting them to work right.
      Yeah. I worked wth a bunch of other people to make "fan" subtitles for this film. We tried for technical accuracy where we could, and when certain phrases did not translate well directly, we tried to find near matches that were also in the character of the, um. character. :-)

When you watch it, let me know if you have suggestions on how to make the subtitles better.

Comment

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence is the only other movie that's subtitled, the rest are in English.

Thanks again Cot for working with us on that, I was one of many I'm sure that have been wanting to see 23 for a long time. I'll be one of the first to give a review of the subtitling job since I got to watch it early...

There isn't an ounce of information missing from the subs. I'm not sure where the idea came from to do hearing impaired subtitles while you were at it, but it definately didn't hurt to have them in there (it even has a bit of a comedic effect). I didn't have any problems keeping up with the dialog, and nothing caught me off guard keeping the movie flowing very nicely.

Then again, I've watched a _lot_ of anime, and am fairly used to subtitles...

I'm still working on finding the perfect font to display the subtitles in so we don't have any problems with the AP's shitty broadcast system, but don't foresee any problems.
        Last edited by Tierra; July 14th, 2005, 01:37.

Comment

Jut remember, white text w/ a black border. :)
          cows like candy

Comment

can you add WhiteSword TV ???

http://whiteswordtv.com
            WhiteSword Media ©

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteSword
              no.

(damn you NullTone and your character minimum!)
              the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

add it to what? the movie lineup, do you mean?
                "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Tierra
                  Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence is the only other movie that's subtitled, the rest are in English.
                  I was wrong, Run Lola Run will also be subtitled.

I might of put a couple clips into filler, but your about 2 weeks too late...

Comment

I hope I can safely assume FOX31's Troubleshooter Tom Martino made the cut

(Ed: w00t, 1000 posts!)
                    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                    [ redacted ]

Comment

What channel will this be on?

Channel 18, the
                      "no events scheduled for today" channel?
                      Last edited by HCentral; July 28th, 2005, 22:27.

Comment

Originally posted by HCentral
                        What channel will this be on?

Channel 18, the
                        "no events scheduled for today" channel?
                        There are usually 5 or 6 channels with DC stuff. 3 of them are for the 3 different tracks, 1 is for DCTV, 1 is for updates to the CTF game and maybe one more for misc stuff.

Channels usually used include channels in Spanish and maybe a home shopping network or two. You may have to manually select each channel in sequence to find them. Since DCTV shold be running, you should be able to tell by the content displayed. Right now WarGames may still e playing or you may see some really freaked out video clips which might be filler.

When you find the channels, it would be good to report them back here for others to find.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                          Why buy the cow when the milk is free?
                          Originally posted by redvsblue
                          Did you just call my girlfriend a cow??

No, I think he called her a slut!!!
                          did anyone else think of this...
                          Jim

Nothing to do, execpt hold on to nothing!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X