Some Questions about Defcon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Questions about Defcon

I used to lurk here for a while before my computer got wiped, and I could have sworn I read the answers to my questions. I just cant seem to find those answers anymore.

Being 17 and going into my Senior year of High School, I though I read somewhere about there being government people at Defcon for scholarships / recruitment for colleges. Maybe Im just dreaming.

and

Is there a schedule for the events occuring at Defcon?

I did use the search function but it didn't give me the answers I was looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.]
    Thanks,
    -MyroIII
    That's no girl, that's a spacestation.

Originally posted by MyroIII
    I used to lurk here for a while before my computer got wiped, and I could have sworn I read the answers to my questions. I just cant seem to find those answers anymore.
    First one's free. After that, it comes in handy sockful-of-doorknobs form.

Being 17 and going into my Senior year of High School, I though I read somewhere about there being government people at Defcon for scholarships / recruitment for colleges. Maybe Im just dreaming.
    Yes, there are people there from various government agencies. No, they're usually not offering jobs.

http://www.defcon.org/ - if you can't find it from there, you're pretty well screwed.

Comment

I though I read somewhere about there being government people at Defcon for scholarships / recruitment for colleges. Maybe Im just dreaming.
      It (scholarship) has been mentioned a few times at "Meet the Fed" panel in the past. There is a particular goon that has been known to provide introductions to Fed HR/Recruiting people, but I am not sure if they want to be mentioned, or if they are still providing this service.

There are also agencies like the DOE, and others that have been known to have "summer intership programs" in different parts of the country.

Yes. Official and some unofficial event appear in the speaker schedule, in the far right column. http://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-13/dc13-schedule.html
      Unofficial events sometimes have links from the main page, and others are available here in threads and discussions.
      HighWizard was kind enough to provide this as provided in this thread

I did use the search function but it didn't give me the answers I was looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Hmmm. You must try harder.

It took me less time to find them than it did to write this response.

Comment

and

I did use the search function but it didn't give me the answers I was looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.]
        Thanks,
        -MyroIII
        It's kind of a double edge sword.. The Fact that you were too lazy or brain dead to find information on your own means you'll probably out of the running for any scholarships (public or private). But the fact that you are lazy and brain dead makes you a perfect candidate for long term Federal Employment.

Comment

thanks for all the help, I'll try to be more diligent in my future searching before posting excursions
          That's no girl, that's a spacestation.

Comment

Internships

The NSA offers internships on their website if you are in specific fields or have specific skill sets. It's on their site but you have to search for it. I'e brought up the difficulty in finding these programs, but I guess they figure if you're not going to put forth the effort to find them, .......
            justazero -
            "Skepticism, like chastity, should not be relinquished too readily."
            - George Santayana

Comment

free help

Here - for the lazy:

http://www.nsa.gov/careers/students_3.cfm

http://www.nsa.gov/careers/students_csp_2.cfm
              justazero -
              - George Santayana

Comment

No, no, no, that is the "fake" site/pages. Here is the real one as mentioned by Bascule in this thread.

]:>

Comment

Hahahahaha...... Yeah, don't forget the field trips and scavenger hunts!
                  justazero -
                  - George Santayana

Comment

Working...
                  X