Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexis Park Latest (photos)

Hi all,
    I won't be at DC this year, but I was in Las Vegas this month and took these pictures of Alexis Park and their new mods.

Alexis Park has big plans
    http://flip-avlv.tripod.com/a_park/DC_PLANS.jpg

Their new logo is a woman taking a poop
    http://flip-avlv.tripod.com/a_park/DC_POOP.jpg

Convention area entrance
    http://flip-avlv.tripod.com/a_park/DC_CONV.jpg

Entrance
    http://flip-avlv.tripod.com/a_park/DC_OUTS.jpg

Pegassis (Way too nice for hackers)
    http://flip-avlv.tripod.com/a_park/DC_PEG.jpg

Pool (no sign og pool2girl)
    http://flip-avlv.tripod.com/a_park/DC_POOL1.jpg

--BC,

It looks like I exceeded my bandwidth allocation for the month.
    Sorry,

I'll repost somewhere else if you guys have interest.
    --BC,

Comment

The web server providing content is examining referrer, and may notice that "forum.defcon.org" is the referring site name. As a result, it may redirect/show you this:
      http://flip-avlv.tripod.com/adm/interstitial/remote.jpg

If this happens to you, copy and paste the URL.

[Added Content:]
      If you are out of bandwidth and you will be charged, you may want to edit your post with URL to decrease the risk of overuse.
      Last edited by TheCotMan; July 14, 2005, 19:48. Reason: Remove quote text with URL, added comment

Comment

Doesn't look all that different to me. And what do they mean by "Villas" anyway? Some how I doubt they have updated the rooms much at all. Last year we had a tap in the shower that was in danger of falling off the wall!

Hope this doesn't start making them think they are a real upscale hotel, then they will kick us out too!

I'd really like to see us find a new place for the con, we have outgrown the AP, and I'm really sick of they way they gouge and treat us.
        "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

Originally posted by Abby_Normal
          I'd really like to see us find a new place for the con, we have outgrown the AP, and I'm really sick of they way they gouge and treat us.
          while i would agree that a place with more con space and nicer treatment would be a plus, i have to say that of all the places i've ever stayed in my travels... i love the grounds of the alexis. the casual way the whole place is spread out with scattered spots to chill and the pools being the focus of the whole design. i'd hate to sacrifice the low-key atmosphere if/when we get a new home for the con.
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

Defcon just hasn't depraved enough pools in Vegas, that's all.
            Think of all those virgin pools.

Spread the "love".
            :wq

Comment

I stand by my conspiracy theory: they made it that damn ugly in hopes we will burn it down and they can claim on the insurance...
              Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
                while i would agree that a place with more con space and nicer treatment would be a plus, i have to say that of all the places i've ever stayed in my travels... i love the grounds of the alexis. the casual way the whole place is spread out with scattered spots to chill and the pools being the focus of the whole design. i'd hate to sacrifice the low-key atmosphere if/when we get a new home for the con.
                I agree about the grounds, it is nice. But defcon has gotten so big, we just have too many people now.

And they could treat us better. Being told to go to our rooms like a bunch of naughty children last year really made me mad.
                "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

Poopwoman rules. That should be the new logo for everything.

On a semi-related note, the remodel's really, really tacky. Yeah, maybe it's an improvement of sorts over the AP's sliding-nicely-into-decrepitude feel, but it just looks like the typical godawful Palm Springs 'resort'. Not surprising given that it's being built by developers from L.A., though.

Comment

Originally posted by skroo
                    Not surprising given that it's being built by developers from L.A., though.

Oh, so it's modeled after Mexico City.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                      Oh, so it's modeled after Mexico City.
                      I dunno about that... Nobody's ever tried to sell me chicle or use my car as a drug mule at the AP.

Comment

Originally posted by skroo
                        I dunno about that... Nobody's ever tried to sell me chicle or use my car as a drug mule at the AP.
                        We shall see this year! I still cannot understand those colors. Tes, they do remind me of Palm Springs back in the 80s when everything from Spandex to mall exteriors changed to color scheme from Miami Vice. But Vegas has a long littanty and heritage. Think of all the hotels on the strip, heck they even get blown up with class. I wonder if such colors need to be approved by the city. They should be.

Comment

Also the main front doors which had been removed earlier have been replaced, so the same wide bank of glass doors leads to the lobby. It was just boarded up while they dug up sewer lines.
                          --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Originally posted by Abby_Normal
                            AMEN!
                            I think the ideal place would be The Fontier, nice pool area, convention space, cheap rooms. Not far from the Peppermill. Too bad it's probably going to be blowed up before DEFCON 14.

--BC,

Comment

Well it looks like they cleaned it up a little, but its a new owner, guess its like buying a house, most the time you dont move in and leave everything as is.. you repaint the walls and trash it up to your own liking.

The question is, what has been added, what will be missing after the con? what new items present an oportunity for theft, prank, or vandalism? I saw an electronic billboard.. hmmm...

Comment

Working...
                              X