DEF CON 13 is a GO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEF CON 13 is a GO!

OK, Black Beetle sent to program off to the printers, badges are done, shirts printing, stickers made, final pre-con web updates happening this weekend, new network gear has arived (a/b/g), the truck is arriving soon to load, and the forums will be up during the con.

We have a DEF CON GO!

Speaking of which, you can now use https://forum.defcon.org/ to connect.. as well as https://www.defcon.org/ We are all SSL enabled now.
    PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

I thought it was canceled. Fuck, now I need to buy a plane ticket.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

By final pre-con web updates, do you mean the schedule? Just wondering when the schedule will be completely final, or will not happen till like days before? I haven't seen this answered yet, if it has been, sorry about asking over it again, I have checked.

Comment

All hell, it's not canceled? I had my bags packed for another con that weekend.

/me calls travel agent
        "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Originally posted by Zyaga
          By final pre-con web updates, do you mean the schedule? Just wondering when the schedule will be completely final, or will not happen till like days before? I haven't seen this answered yet, if it has been, sorry about asking over it again, I have checked.
          The schedule has been finalized as of last night ;)

Comment

It's not cancelled? Okay I better get my room. That was the Alexis Park, right?

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar
              The schedule has been finalized as of last night ;)
              Ah, good. Thank you, I've made out so many of them, I was beginning to wonder if it was worth it to try to keep track of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zyaga
                Ah, good. Thank you, I've made out so many of them, I was beginning to wonder if it was worth it to try to keep track of it.
                No, it's not worth it. You get a printed schedule when you register. Any changes to that will be posted.
                the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

We will have badges before registration this year?!? What fun is that?
                  Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che
                    We will have badges before registration this year?!? What fun is that?
                    Last year the "lines" were kind of a forum meetup before the forum meetup.

I thought it was hilarious that people waited in "line" for 4 hours(?) as if the badges were going to run out on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Voltage Spike
                      Last year the "lines" were kind of a forum meetup before the forum meetup.

I thought it was hilarious that people waited in "line" for 4 hours(?) as if the badges were going to run out on Thursday.
                      I got in line after the TBBQ, and there was not much of a wait. For me, it was not a matter of, "getting them before they ran out," but one of, "we have plans the next day, and would rather wait now than risk waiting later."

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent
                        Speaking of which, you can now use https://forum.defcon.org/ to connect
                        I've been using this and have noticed that (most?) avitars are missing. Is this the price one pays to use ssl, or just a bug that needs to be worked out?

Comment

Originally posted by A
                          I've been using this and have noticed that (most?) avitars are missing. Is this the price one pays to use ssl, or just a bug that needs to be worked out?
                          Are all avitars on site? I think you can direct link your avitar from another website, this may be why some are missing?

Comment

I waited for the line to grow insanely long, hung out and bugged a couple of the security goons, then hopped in line. It moved so quickly that it is hard to understand why some complained of its length.
                            if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge
                              I waited for the line to grow insanely long, hung out and bugged a couple of the security goons, then hopped in line. It moved so quickly that it is hard to understand why some complained of its length.
                              I would stop by, say "hello" to people, and leave. At some point the line was gone and I purchased my pass. As expected, the persons working registration were kind enough to stay late making up for the late start.

The only "problem" is that the vendor in the registration room ran out of merchandise a little too fast. I purchased the shirt I wanted (because a goon was nice enough to let me in early), but my friend did not.

Comment

Working...
                              X