Last Call For Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Call For Beer

So just to be clear, who do I owe a beer at DC next week? There has been lots of promises made I do not recall....

[edit] I'm going to assume you have a 200+ post count to be legitimate
    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Originally posted by hackajar
    So just to be clear, who do I owe a beer at DC next week? There has been lots of promises made I do not recall....

[edit] I'm going to assume you have a 200+ post count to be legitimate
    Bungholio! :-P

It is supposed to be the burden of the person who owes beer to keep track of such things.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
      It is supposed to be the burden of the person who owes beer to keep track of such things.
      *Penalty Shot*
      You now owe me a beer as a penalty for blatantly admitting mishandling of drink-indebtedness records.
      “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

I am certain that you owe me beer. I like Rolling Rock.

I don't have any idea what you owe me said Rocks for, but I am as certain of the fact that you owe them to me as anything I have ever been certain of in my life.
        perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

I'm not sure, but you might owe me one, and I probobly owe you one.

Let's just trade and call it even
          Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by spahkle
            *Penalty Shot*
            You now owe me a beer as a penalty for blatantly admitting mishandling of drink-indebtedness records.
            I kept a record of the beer I owed and paid my debts to the people on my list. as well as several who were not on my list-- except two people I was not able to find. (And I am making arrangements to get them beer through a proxy this year.)
            The rule goes like this:
            "Even if you can't remember everyone you owe beer, they will remember you owed them one."

By the way, you owed me a beer last year. :-P~~~~
            Request and offer for beer and then followup reply which lead to e-mail off-forums.

You now get a 1 beer penalty, and 1 beer interest, and 1 beer owed, for 3 beers owed to me! Muwhahahaha!

So, 3 - 1, means you only owe me 2 beers, but since I won't be there this year, donate them to a worthy cause and we'll call it even. :-)

Hahahahahah! That was fun! ]:>

Comment

4x Beer's

Spanhkle, Chris, Rederman and CotMan.

CotMan please bestow beer debt to mutual aquentece for this year's DC

/too formal? Subtle Humor?

Comment

The only people that owe me "on the record", as far as I know, are alklloyd and ravyn ... and I haven't heard from ravyn in a while. I'm sure TheCotMan promised me a couple (he is way too generous with the spirits), but I'm sure he'll track down the posts for me (so there is no point in searching ).

I will, however, pledge a beer to hackajar for being the other forum member who refuses to post anything serious. Here's to hoping you don't get hacked again at your talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Voltage Spike
                  I will, however, pledge a beer to hackajar for being the other forum member who refuses to post anything serious.
                  Oddly enought Cot and I provide lots of insight to other people's serious posts! We just add flavor around the rest of time

Originally posted by Voltage Spike
                  Here's to hoping you don't get hacked again at your talk.
                  Spoonm's Crosssite script was cool at end :) but hey, that's what you were suppose to do! To bad I coded the main app (not threaded processes) with "or die()" statements This year it's just the low down and nitty gritty of what "IS" a credit card, and all that junk, no live "Hackme" demo

Maybe next year!

Comment

Originally posted by VoltageSpike
                    I'm sure TheCotMan promised me a couple (he is way too generous with the spirits), but I'm sure he'll track down the posts for me (so there is no point in searching
                    I remember this post in this thread where I said you were the kind of person I would offer a drink to, but I did not say I owed you one there.

Would you like beer this year from a proxy, or the next time we are both at DefCon from me, in-person?

Oddly enought Cot and I provide lots of insight to other people's serious posts! We just add flavor around the rest of time
                    I think he was referring to himself and you, Hackajar. I don't provide any serious content on these forums. How can I? I am a newbie. :-) My job is to make sure that the Disk I/O works as advertised by providing enough data to check read and write operations. (Sort of like a cross between "bonnie" and "chargen" but for a web server.)

People I owed beer to last year were Chris and Skroo (for certain) though there may have been a 3rd person-- I'll have to check. (One was sick, and the other was always working.)

Comment

I don't provide any serious content on these forums. How can I? I am a newbie. :-) My job is to make sure that the Disk I/O works as advertised by providing enough data to check read and write operations. (Sort of like a cross between "bonnie" and "chargen" but for a web server.)
                      Your right you Have no tech insight.

The beer thread was to spicen up things around here a bit, and also see who would jump on free beer!

Comment

Your right you Have no tech insight.
                        That was something I found on google... Yeah, that's the ticket. No! I was copying off of Dan's answer sheet. You see, that was a pop quiz, and I arranged to have the answers stolen... with the help of google! Yeah! That works. Ok. That is my story.

The beer thread was to spicen up things around here a bit, and also see who would jump on free beer!
                        Free beer to me sounds like a great idea to me. Does this mean you are offering free beer to anyone that replies?

]:>

Comment

Free beer to me sounds like a great idea to me. Does this mean you are offering free beer to anyone that replies?
                          Perhaps, maybe, if they make a good case

Comment

Anyone who's ever barfed on me or my crew, anyone who's ever been a problem we had to 'handle', anyone who's made my Defcon experience difficult: You owe me and my team drinks. You know who you are.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by noid
                              Anyone who's ever barfed on me or my crew, anyone who's ever been a problem we had to 'handle', anyone who's made my Defcon experience difficult: You owe me and my team drinks. You know who you are.
                              Does drunking blondes on Sunday night and getting thrown in pool by Humperdink and getting REALLY mad count? If not then we are clear

Comment

Working...
                              X