This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Socal ride

Is anyone passing through soutern california, or leaving from southern california, willing to ride and room share, I can sleep on the floor.

Orignially I had a ride and a room, but my freind who was driving droped out, this happend 3 more times with 3 different people, and now im stuck without a ride.

I can help pay for gas and the room, Send me a pm if anyone wants to help. I know its short notice.
    Last edited by CP99; July 23, 2005, 23:29.

PM sent.

10 char min

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
      PM sent.

10 char min
      Responded, Yea your right, I as a bit vague, I fixed it.

Comment

from san diego

sent a PM
        im driving from san diego, dont have a place to share tho

Comment

Originally posted by CP99
          Is anyone passing through soutern california, or leaving from southern california, willing to ride and room share, I can sleep on the floor.

Orignially I had a ride and a room, but my freind who was driving droped out, this happend 3 more times with 3 different people, and now im stuck without a ride.

I can help pay for gas and the room, Send me a pm if anyone wants to help. I know its short notice.
          call me at 209-298-5780 - I plan to leave thursday evening. Staying with friend. Might have room for one more. Ask for John

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by jdcrunchman
            call me at 209-298-5780 - I plan to leave thursday evening. Staying with friend. Might have room for one more. Ask for John
            Now that you've left your phone number in three separate threads for the public to view, I do have to wonder if this isn't an attempt at harassing someone by proxy.

Comment

Originally posted by skroo
              Now that you've left your phone number in three separate threads for the public to view, I do have to wonder if this isn't an attempt at harassing someone by proxy.
              I decided to be kind and give this number a call. I think it is central valley, CA and that seems to match up with Burbank (or close to it) though I did not perform a prefix lookup.

The person on the other end did answer and did say they posted a message on the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
                The person on the other end did answer and did say they posted a message on the forums.
                Did you ask for their password? How about credit card number for verification? Why stop there!

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                  Did you ask for their password? How about credit card number for verification? Why stop there!
                  I could have been mean, and harassed the guy, but I saw no reason to do something that others would probably attempt.

I could have asked him if he wanted to buy hearing aids, and when he asked "what?" I could say, "See you need one!" Then I could talk about DeafCon. (Yes, this is an old joke. That is why...)

/me ducks and runs for cover.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
                    I decided to be kind and give this number a call. I think it is central valley, CA and that seems to match up with Burbank (or close to it) though I did not perform a prefix lookup.
                    Not quite - the number's out of Stockton, which is in the San Joaquin (aka Central) valley. Burbank's in the San Fernando valley, three hundred-odd miles to the south. It doesn't mean anything, though - my phone's not in the same area code as I live in, either, and it is a mobile number anyway. Besides, T-Mobile (this guy's carrier) will give you pretty much any number you want as long as it's available.

Well, that certainly helps to legitimise it... FWIW, the IP address that the postings came from was also close enough to Burbank to not be suspect. My feeling is that it probably is a legit post, just way more open than might seem prudent.

Comment

Soneone wrote:

Well, that certainly helps to legitimise it... FWIW, the IP address that the postings came from was also close enough to Burbank to not be suspect. My feeling is that it probably is a legit post, just way more open than might seem prudent.
                      Yes - it's a stockton number. No it is not my phone - I have use of it until end of month. Yes - I was given the OK to give it out for this one purpose.

It is a cell phone, so the area code means nothing. I'm in Burbank. The number
                      and phone is going to go away as soon as the contract expires at end of the month.

And why would you think this was an illligitimate post? I don't care if people know my location or IP address.

And why would anyone harrass me for offering a ride? Is this the kind of
                      reception I would get for attending Defcon?

I have enough takers for this ride to now retract it... seems the demand is
                      more then what's available... sorry for those that missed out.

j

Comment

.......... Well thanks everyone anyway, do to unforeseen circumstances, I wont be going this year.

Theres always next year, but by then I plan to have a new car haha. stupid ford.

Comment

Working...
                        X