Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: buying lots of beer in vegas

Originally posted by xor View Post
    It's a little late but if people got together you could technically use much cheaper freight and send it by the skid.
    I fear the number of people you'd have to get to throw a few cases each onto a pallet to make it into something worth shipping. I was once the recipient of a pallet of Bawls (quite a good price - just a hair over a dollar per glass bottle when I did it, and the price is similar for cans) and it took eight of us almost 6 months to consume half of it (one guy who was moving out-of-area bought half the pallet all for himself. He still has some, reportedly) - convert that into boozeahol and you could keep a frat house drunk for a few weeks. (I was also the unlucky SOB to get stuck in the dorm elevator with 2.2 tons of caffeine for several hours after the elevator reverse-compensated for the weight because some moron had wired the weight sensors in backwards. It should have increased hydraulic pressure to compensate, but it decreased, and I ended up taking a trip down into the sump)

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
      Im open to offering my car for any beer/shine/alchol runs before the BBQ. Ping me and well coordinate. I dont know vegas very well.

Hey - Dj, anyone got some shine this year?
      I'm curious, what is the difference between 180 - 190 proof grain alcohol and shine?

xor
      Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

I'm curious, what is the difference between 180 - 190 proof grain alcohol and shine?
        i'm no mathemagician, but i'd be willing to wager a small bet that the difference is 5% alcohol by volume.
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

xor
          Everclear http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everclear_(alcohol) was always our choice in college. Wasn't available in Ohio so we'd roadtrip to PA and pick up a case of liter bottles. Helpful hints:

1. Makes a great punch (we used to call it the legspreader)
          2. Inject it into fruit :)
          3. Mountain Dew & Everclear, the original Red Bull & Vodka!

Unfortunately, the great state of Nevada, home to whorehouses, the mob, and more guns per capita than anywhere in the USA, has seen fit to limit alcohol available for (legal) sale to 160 proof.

Source: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-2...l#NRS202Sec065

NRS 202.065 Sale of alcoholic beverage containing more than 80 percent of alcohol by volume.
          1. A person shall not sell an alcoholic beverage containing more than 80 percent of alcohol by volume.
          2. A person who violates the provisions of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor.
          (Added to NRS by 1991, 168)

-Dryden
          Last edited by Dryden; July 31, 2008, 20:58. Reason: Because I can't type

Comment

Originally posted by Dryden View Post
            Unfortunately, the great state of Nevada, home to whorehouses, the mob, and more guns per capita than anywhere in the USA, has seen fit to limit alcohol available for (legal) sale to 180 proof.

Source: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-2...l#NRS202Sec065

NRS 202.065 Sale of alcoholic beverage containing more than 80 percent of alcohol by volume.
            1. A person shall not sell an alcoholic beverage containing more than 80 percent of alcohol by volume.
            2. A person who violates the provisions of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor.
            (Added to NRS by 1991, 168)

-Dryden
            Not to be too technical, but 80 percent would be 160 proof, not 180.
            "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
              Not to be too technical, but 80 percent would be 160 proof, not 180.
              Damn typos... I knew I should have posted it in hex... "Yes, I'll take the bottle of A0 proof Everclear."

-Dryden

Comment

Originally posted by kdotta View Post
                Dev, I favor Costco for all alcohol, I don't think the prices in NV are that much different than here in Cali, and they're pretty damn good here :-) They also have a pretty good beer and wine selection, I've always bought my large quantities of beer, wine and liquor for parties there. I will also have my Costco card with me when I come for Defcon, and there are 4 Costco's within a 10 mile perimeter of LV(three in LV proper, one in Henderson) , however I won't have a car, so transportation I have not.
                I'm not sure if this has already been said but, You don't need a costco card/membership if your only buying alcohol. (At least, thats how it is in CA). Its worked for me many times. Simply state your only buying alcohol and they have to let you in.

To Deviant- My co-worker is bringing several cases (Read: car-load) of quality homebrew and other brew we made at a local microbrewery in Cali. Not to mention some other quality brews from Northern california. I owe you at least a few for an awesome lockpicking workshop at TC:Seattle and just being an all around awesome hacker/lockpicker/person. I assume you're going to be at the ToxicBBQ with some interesting meats ?
                The only constant in the universe is change itself

Comment

Originally posted by dYn4mic View Post
                  I owe you at least a few for an awesome lockpicking workshop at TC:Seattle and just being an all around awesome hacker/lockpicker/person.
                  you severely over-estimate my awesomeness, amigo. thank you for the kind words, all the same.

Originally posted by dYn4mic View Post
                  I assume you're going to be at the ToxicBBQ with some interesting meats ?
                  no exotic meat order this year. all my money was tied up with events like gringo, titanium chef, and the DC Shoot. the only exotic meat will be the one in my pants.

i will still bring a load of steaks and other whatnot, however, for all to share. also, if you arrive at the BBQ a little early (around 5:00 PM) i'll need judges for the Titanium Chef event (one team this year is TOOOL members so i'm going to recuse myself as a judge) so you can always get on that, man. i'd trust your food tasting ability.
                  "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                  - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                    you severely over-estimate my awesomeness, amigo. thank you for the kind words, all the same.

no exotic meat order this year. all my money was tied up with events like gringo, titanium chef, and the DC Shoot. the only exotic meat will be the one in my pants.

i will still bring a load of steaks and other whatnot, however, for all to share. also, if you arrive at the BBQ a little early (around 5:00 PM) i'll need judges for the Titanium Chef event (one team this year is TOOOL members so i'm going to recuse myself as a judge) so you can always get on that, man. i'd trust your food tasting ability.
                    I should be there around 5:30.

ps If Titanium Chef is around next year I'll surely participate.
                    pps. Glad to see the shoot is back.
                    The only constant in the universe is change itself

Comment

Working...
                    X