Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Satilight / Wireless Vehicle installation - Providers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satilight / Wireless Vehicle installation - Providers?

Dear Members,

i drive a suburban and well i know there is people you can buy satilight internet from and outfit it to your vehicle.

i drive a suburban basically since i do travel alot i wanted to bring a laptop with me on my road trips and well when i am resting up some place or bored from driving i can hookup to the connection in my suburban and chat and take care of business things.

anyone have wireless/satilight provider recommendations? how much does it cost per month for satilight internet?

basically i belive it would work the same thing as XM Radio but just for internet access kinda like GPS so i dont think it would be too hard to have installed or well cost too much per month.

Matt.

Originally posted by MidwestMale
    anyone have wireless/satilight provider recommendations? how much does it cost per month for satilight internet?
    Google is your friend.

That being said, there's many different plans you can choose from for mobile satellite internet. Based on what you want, you can spend a decent chunk in hardware alone, not including service.

I would look at:

Mobilsat

MobileUniverse

Datastorm

and

Starband for satellite, assuming that's what you really think you want.

As for wireless, check with the major cell phone companies, as many offer data services as well.

Qu|rk-

Comment

Working...
    X