Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Def Con 14 Location Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by allentrace
    I completely agree except for the dates that danzig played with them although I did not get to see them then. I almost went up for the save CGBG Misfit concert in August but I just could not let myself blow a bunch of cash for it. Heh Agent of Orange, R.E.M. has a good song about that, now if I could only remember who else sang about Agent Orange (obviously besides Agent Orange the band) ...I guess I could use wikipedia to find out but that would take the fun out of it. This is gonna bug me all night.
    Jerry was with Deedee...and that other dude. Danzig wasn't there. Terminus City opened with Agent Orange and the New Misfits at the Masquerade in Atlanta.
    The song your're thinking about is Bowling for Soup: "She loves the Godsmack and I love Agent Orange". Best guess.

    Al

    PS: REM was "Orange Crush". Glad to help.
    "Are my pants...threatening you?"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by alklloyd
      Jerry was with Deedee...and that other dude. Danzig wasn't there. Terminus City opened with Agent Orange and the New Misfits at the Masquerade in Atlanta.
      The song your're thinking about is Bowling for Soup: "She loves the Godsmack and I love Agent Orange". Best guess.

      Al

      PS: REM was "Orange Crush". Glad to help.
      got it no I was thinking of Depeche Mode's song about it, just heard it the other day on XM..

      Glenn Danzig has announced the dates for the 2005 Blackest of the Black Tour. The tour will include headliners Danzig, as well as hardcore and black metal acts including Chimaira, Behemoth, Himsa, Mortiis (ex-Emperor), and The Agony Scene. Of some note is that each stop on the tour will feature a 30-minute Misfits set with Doyle von Frankenstein, Doyle previously joined Glenn for similar sets last fall.…

      you were right I was thinking of last fall but still this years tour sounds interesting
      Did Everquest teach you that?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Mata Hari
        Syntax-
        but Circus Circus does, and I was actually referring to Circus Circus- especially near the Adventure Dome...

        Binions for $25? When was that?!?! Binions isnt that bad, compared to some other very shady hotels around downtown.
        No No.. I was referring to Circus Circus.. aside from the adventure dome the casino itself usually dosent have much child traffic. Hotel security its pretty tight there about kids. The last time I was there I watched them force a family to get moving because the mother and 3 kids was waiting for dad to use the ATM.

        But Im also a late night person, I sit and gamble in the middle of the night and dont tend to see children running around at that hour.

        As for Binions.. it was a summer special, you had to mention a password when you called.. and they knocked like $10-15 off the room. However 1 of our rooms had no balcony.. but did have a door to the non existant balcony.. so you could basically open a door and jump off the 8th floor.. the next room over from us had no bathroom door.. not to mention the crazy design of the building, which is a maze of hallways that appear to be service passages, with only 1 elevator.

        I've yet to stay anywhere as cheap both money wise and accomodation wise in vegas, or anywhere else for that matter.. you must have got a room in the newer part of the building.. Guess thats why is was only 25 bucks. I cant imagine the people who come for the Poker Tournament would stay in rooms like the one I had.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by [Syntax]
          No No.. I was referring to Circus Circus.. aside from the adventure dome the casino itself usually dosent have much child traffic. Hotel security its pretty tight there about kids. The last time I was there I watched them force a family to get moving because the mother and 3 kids was waiting for dad to use the ATM.

          But Im also a late night person, I sit and gamble in the middle of the night and dont tend to see children running around at that hour.

          As for Binions.. it was a summer special, you had to mention a password when you called.. and they knocked like $10-15 off the room. However 1 of our rooms had no balcony.. but did have a door to the non existant balcony.. so you could basically open a door and jump off the 8th floor.. the next room over from us had no bathroom door.. not to mention the crazy design of the building, which is a maze of hallways that appear to be service passages, with only 1 elevator.

          I've yet to stay anywhere as cheap both money wise and accomodation wise in vegas, or anywhere else for that matter.. you must have got a room in the newer part of the building.. Guess thats why is was only 25 bucks. I cant imagine the people who come for the Poker Tournament would stay in rooms like the one I had.
          Finally some on topic, Vegas related comments.

          Moderator, moderator were stuck talking about rock bands. Help!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by eta
            Finally some on topic, Vegas related comments.

            Moderator, moderator were stuck talking about rock bands. Help!!
            Well, excuse us .
            Allentrace: bad!
            Let's get back on track.
            Most of the downtown hotels are POSs and the locals here will confirm that. If your expectations are low you may not mind them.

            Al
            "Are my pants...threatening you?"

            Comment


            • Originally posted by alklloyd
              Well, excuse us .
              Allentrace: bad!
              Let's get back on track.
              Most of the downtown hotels are POSs and the locals here will confirm that. If your expectations are low you may not mind them.

              Al
              Consider myself reprimanded
              On track: the only reason Binions and other hotels on freemont street are staying in business is because they have amazing deals on food 24/7 and there coupon freebies for gambling are usually better than there upscale competitors.
              Did Everquest teach you that?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by alklloyd
                Most of the downtown hotels are POSs and the locals here will confirm that. If your expectations are low you may not mind them.
                I concur with this. I've stayed at a few of the hotel/casinos in downtown Vegas and they are all pretty much run down. Don't expect much from them. But, for $25-35 a night, you do get a room with a bed and the door locks that are adequate enough to keep the undesirables out. So, if you are on a shoestring budget, they may be a good option for you.

                Originally posted by big chopper
                BTW: The downtown hotels on or just off Fremont are just fine, however, you might stay clear of :
                The Western (don't stay there),
                The El Cortez (nice in the daytime), or
                The Gold Spike (a heck of a lot of fun and my home for DEFCON 10)
                After the first time I stayed at the El Cortez, I went and got a Nevada CCW permit.
                “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

                Comment


                • Don't forget the High Hat. It's a rip off at $12/night.

                  Clean sheets are extra.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by astcell
                    Don't forget the High Hat. It's a rip off at $12/night.

                    Clean sheets are extra.
                    Hotels have ho's in the hallways and motels have mojo on the sheets. Thats always a good thing to remember before considering a motel. Trade offs have to be made somewhere.

                    300 posts.
                    Last edited by Xodia; October 5, 2005, 10:59. Reason: I had to show off my post count.
                    The dude abides.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by eta
                      Finally some on topic, Vegas related comments.
                      Well my whole point was If I dont get a room at Riviera for one reason or another.. I won't be terribly dissapointed if I end up across the street and saving money. However some people here seem they would rather die or ride a bus 2 miles before they stayed at Circus.. seems rather ridiculous to me.

                      Im ready for the change though.. for better or worse.
                      Should be interesting to see how everything gets rearranged.

                      I've never been to a Defcon outside the AP.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by [Syntax]
                        Well my whole point was If I dont get a room at Riviera for one reason or another.. I won't be terribly dissapointed if I end up across the street and saving money. However some people here seem they would rather die or ride a bus 2 miles before they stayed at Circus.. seems rather ridiculous to me.

                        Im ready for the change though.. for better or worse.
                        Should be interesting to see how everything gets rearranged.

                        I've never been to a Defcon outside the AP.
                        Circus is fine do not believe all the shit you hear about them plus they have a great buffet and gaming incentives it is not all kiddy land.
                        Did Everquest teach you that?

                        Comment


                        • Remember that scene in Vegas Vacation where they go to the buffet and order food by color? Yeah, that's the circus circus buffet.

                          The acrobats in the gaming area were kinda cool though.
                          --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

                          Comment


                          • Roughly 14 years ago at Defcon 1 I had something akin to a mental breakdown at the Circus Circus. Never been back. It was the environment of that place that pushed my head over the edge.

                            I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

                            Comment


                            • Anybody know the exact room rates at the Riviera for DefCon? The site doesn't let you see that far in advance.


                              Web Hosting --

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by enigma
                                Anybody know the exact room rates at the Riviera for DefCon? The site doesn't let you see that far in advance.
                                I used this "old skool technique" called them on this thing they call the telephone, and dialed the 1-800 number for reservations on this page to find out.

                                These are the rooms that are available:
                                Standard Room-1 King Bed
                                Standard Room-2 Double Beds
                                Superior Room-1 King Bed
                                Superior Room-2 Double Beds
                                Deluxe Room-1 King Bed
                                Deluxe Room-2 Double Beds

                                When you say you are attending with DefCon, it seems you get a flat rate for rooms depending on number of occupants:
                                $92 1 or 2 people (All taxes included as of today: $100.28)
                                $112 3 or 4 people (All taxes included as of today $122.08)

                                When you say you are with DefCon, they will give "Deluxe Rooms" first (while supplies last- heh.)

                                The rates above are the same for weekday as they are for weekend.

                                While talking with the reservations person on the phone, it sounded like they had other room rates if you call and do not say you are with DefCon. These rates may allow you to get the "cheaper rooms." (Obviously, since I said I was with DefCon, I could not convincingly say I wasn't, so I could find out the non-con rates for weekdat and weekends.)

                                Someone else can do that recon.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X