X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHD Gone in 60 seconds?

Hey Defcon.

Just had a curious question. Are there any software out that would destory a harddrive in less then 60 seconds?

The only dumb ideas I heard so far is "Hammer it, and walk it to a lake". I dont think they remmberd me saying "60 Seconds"

How would you guys do it? Any tips?

-StormForceX

I will give you better than the answer. I will give you the source of all answers:

www.google.com

Of course it won't destroy the HDD (not HHD) like a sledgehammer, it will just destroy the data on the drive.

I typed in "hard drive destruction" and got lots back. Here is one:

http://www.killdisk.com/features.htm

As fat as less than 60 seconds, I guess it depends on the size of the drivwe and how destroyed you want it.

And if are thinking of doing this to someone else's drive, it's not only illegal, but you just told us about it here. So don't.

Comment

Thanks. I should of used google. But everytime I seem to type in somthing, I get stupid results, not partaining to anything I've wanted.

That looks pretty neat. Im sure thats not the only way to do it.

EDIT:

Ha. I have no reason to do this to somones harddrive. Thanks for making me look like a kiddie. This is for trainning purposes only, and I do have 5 HDs here that needs to be disposed of. cept not a way you would think.

Its for computer class. We are scenarioing "The Matrix." 3 students will bang on the door. We have 60 seconds to destory and remove everything off the HD.

Comment

Originally posted by STORMFORCE
        Thanks. I should of used google. But everytime I seem to type in somthing, I get stupid results, not partaining to anything I've wanted.
        Translation: Google doesn't work.

Wow, don't think I've heard that one before...
        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
        [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by bascule
          Translation: Google doesn't work.

Wow, don't think I've heard that one before...

K thanks. Anyways, theres always a first.

Comment

That's because you can't spell.

Wrong - Right
            partaining - pertaining

Comment

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ has some good tools for just that..
              Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Thermite is your friend. Reduce your drive to a heap of slag metal in far less than 60 seconds
                Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by renderman
                  Thermite is your friend. Reduce your drive to a heap of slag metal in far less than 60 seconds
                  I'm also keen on .40ACP, though it's admittedly not as thorough in a single pass as thermite. Tannerite also makes a nice alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell

I typed in "hard drive destruction" and got lots back. Here is one:

http://www.killdisk.com/features.htm

As fat as less than 60 seconds, I guess it depends on the size of the drivwe and how destroyed you want it.

And if are thinking of doing this to someone else's drive, it's not only illegal, but you just told us about it here. So don't.
                    killdisk is a very good program for this

Its for computer class. We are scenarioing "The Matrix." 3 students will bang on the door. We have 60 seconds to destory and remove everything off the HD.
                    wtf...did your tech teacher get bored with trying to get you to understand real things?

Web Hosting --

Comment

Originally posted by enigma
                      wtf...did your tech teacher get bored with trying to get you to understand real things?
                      I hope this is not his English teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                        I hope this is not his English teacher.
                        I'm betting this is a Humanities tracher
                        If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by skroo
                          I'm also keen on .40ACP, though it's admittedly not as thorough in a single pass as thermite. Tannerite also makes a nice alternative.
                          It won't destroy the data, but Cavorite will certainly get it out of the hands of any unfriendlys.

Al
                          "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

I can spell, k thanks.

This is for Tech Studies.

Comment

Thermite. Light it up and then run far away and HD will be gone very shortly depending on how much was used.

Comment

Working...
                              X