X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astcell
    And I suppose you recorded it to post here? :>
    no.. not so much
    If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Floyd, you're quoting the wrong person, and I'm fairly sure he was being sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelazny's Cat
        Floyd, you're quoting the wrong person, and I'm fairly sure he was being sarcastic.
        My apologies for attributing the quote to you. I stand corrected. the quote should have been:
        Originally posted by xwred1
        It'd be a good idea to build copyright-enforcement mechanisms into hard drives.
        I was aware that he may have been being sarcastic that was why my reply was of a facetious nature...

What he had said sounds good in theory but would be impractical in practice, I meant to demonstrate the fault in his thinking. When we begin to build enforcement mechanisms into hard drives it is difficult to know in advance what type of Pandora's Box we will be opening. Who is to say what type of mechanism will be included next? Besides the fact that those who wished to find a way around the copyright enforcement mechanisms would probably just purchase hard drives manufatured by foreign companies that would not include the mechanisms on their hard drives.
        I enjoy talking to myself...it's usually the only intelligent conversations I get to have.

Comment

Working...
        X