Clear All

• Freaking pirates!

Arr! Every one of yee to the gangplank!

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/africa...e.attack.reut/
    The dude abides.

Originally posted by Xodia
    Arr! Every one of yee to the gangplank!

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/africa...e.attack.reut/
    It is a sad day for pirates everywhere when several of them cannot even take over a boat laden with middle age drunks fresh off the congo line. Seriously what is the world coming to.
    Did Everquest teach you that?

Comment

You could at least link to the sonic weapon they used to deter the pirates which was on /. earlier today:

http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradent...s/13106303.htm
      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
      [ redacted ]

Comment

I was going to say...pirates still exist. USCG deals with them and drug runners on a daily basis.
        -Ridirich

"When you're called upon to do anything, and you're not ready to do it, then you've failed."

Commander W.H. Hamilton

Comment

They had RPGs and machine guns and they did only minor damage? Pirates aren't what they used to be.
          One Nation Under Surveillance
          "War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength."

Comment

Originally posted by Ridirich
            I was going to say...pirates still exist. USCG deals with them and drug runners on a daily basis.
            Yeah they are called the Merchant Marine these days

Comment

Originally posted by Samurai Drifter
              They had RPGs and machine guns and they did only minor damage? Pirates aren't what they used to be.
              Neither are pirate ships. Where was the Jolly Roger?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                Neither are pirate ships. Where was the Jolly Roger?
                I may have found it

Comment

Originally posted by Ridirich
                  Not all USCG members get to have that much fun, ecpespecilly if your USCG Flotilla is in Colorado.

/me is a proud member of the USCGAUX 085-01-01 PIKES PEAK FLOTILLA
                  "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

I know. I meant to say that branch of the Navy deals with them every day.
                    Coasties DO need more people though. Currently I think the entire force is what? 1/2 the size of NYC's Port Authority?

I am sure Bouy Tenders get to board less than Cutters, so fourth.
                    -Ridirich

"When you're called upon to do anything, and you're not ready to do it, then you've failed."

Commander W.H. Hamilton

Comment

Working...
                    X