Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC4420! Still Active?

Greetings,

i was just wondering after a few e-mails send to the leader of DC4420 is still active?
    i've found this organisation very interesting and would like to share my knowledge and learn new stuff which can be usefull for me.

just to mention i live in East london but can travel anywhere in london for a meeting.
    could someone please get back to me? thank you

I'm an official member of DC420. Does that count?
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
    [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by Aztech
      Greetings,

i was just wondering after a few e-mails send to the leader of DC4420 is still active?
      i've found this organisation very interesting and would like to share my knowledge and learn new stuff which can be usefull for me.

just to mention i live in East london but can travel anywhere in london for a meeting.
      could someone please get back to me? thank you
      Looking through your history, I can see you have made a good-faith effort to contact the members of this group since around August.
      I've also tried to send them e-mail. I asked them to respond to these threads (just in case the e-mail replies were being blocked somewhere) but I heard no response.
      There is a Goon who isa buddy with the published leader of that group, and I've not heard anything back from that attempt to create discussion either.

Between us, we have used three different email addresses, and have nothing.

At this point, I would suggest you abide by this suggestion in the DCGroups FAQ:

Originally posted by faq
      Q: What do I do if the DCG POC in my area doesn't respond to my email?
      A: ... If you attempt to contact the POC in your area and there is no response, please email dcgroups{ax}defcon[dot]org. At that point, we will attempt to contact the POC. If the POC fails to respond, within a reasonable amount of time, the group may be considered inactive and removed from the official list.
      When you contact them, a new counter for "appropriate time for a response" will probably start, without consideration of the time that has passed so far. Good luck.

Thanks for respecting those that have come before you, and for being so patient.

Comment

DC4420 first meeting

Originally posted by TheCotMan
        Looking through your history, I can see you have made a good-faith effort to contact the members of this group since around August.
        I've also tried to send them e-mail. I asked them to respond to these threads (just in case the e-mail replies were being blocked somewhere) but I heard no response.
        There is a Goon who isa buddy with the published leader of that group, and I've not heard anything back from that attempt to create discussion either.

Between us, we have used three different email addresses, and have nothing.

At this point, I would suggest you abide by this suggestion in the DCGroups FAQ:

When you contact them, a new counter for "appropriate time for a response" will probably start, without consideration of the time that has passed so far. Good luck.

Thanks for respecting those that have come before you, and for being so patient.
        ... and don't you just love it when these systems work? :)

i've just had a kick in the arse from a fellow goon, so firstly, my apologies for the long delay in responding... i've replied to the couple of emails i've had on this subject, but then haven't followed up with any more details, and i'll go on to explain why here... if you *haven't* received a reply, then i can only assume i didn't get it, it got flagged as spam or TheMenInBlack(tm) took a particular interest in that mail and snarfed it for themselves.... the correct address to get me on is majormal(at)pirate-radio.org, and i will do my utmost to respond promptly to any fresh enquiries...

the reason for the delay in getting the ball rolling has been, mainly, finding a suitable venue... having attended many such meetings, in a variety of locations, i wanted to try and get the balance right: private space so we can talk freely, availability of suitable conferencing tools (not least being food and booze), good transport so we can get there and home again, and reasonably central... i'm pleased to say that this has now been found, and we can get on with planning our inaugural meeting... the venue will be The Hand & Flower in Kensington, West London... many of you will know it from after conference drinks at events such as INFOSEC, as it's the pub on the corner opposite Kensington Olympia station:
        http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...&addr3=&addr1=

meetings will be monthly, and i'm planning to run them on a "fight club" basis, but instead of fighting you'll be speaking... i.e. "if this is your first night at DC4420 then you will speak"... now, this is not as scary as it might sound - you don't need to give a big presentation... just standing up and giving your name/handle/affiliations/interests etc. will suffice... if you don't want to give away such sensitive information, then just make it up... :) the idea is to promote communication, so as well as introductions we'll have an open agenda for lightening talks and more in-depth presentations... we'll work out the exact details as we go along, but i thought it'd go something like this:

we have a fixed number of speaking slots, some 5 minute, some 15 minute, some 30 minutes plus.
        not too many so it doesn't drag on all night.
        anyone can speak for the shorter slots
        for the longer slots, a popular vote will be taken and the top 2 will speak - the others can try again next time
        laptop and/or projector for presentations will be provided, but audio probably not initially

any other thoughts please feel free to get in touch... i'll post the date in the next few days once i have confirmation from the venue, and it'll be in December...

cheers,
        MM
        --
        "In DEFCON, we have no names..." errr... well, we do... but silly ones...

Comment

fyi, i just posted this to various lists:

calling all London based hackers, security professionals, feds, geeks, nerds, groupies and scene whores...

on behalf of DC4420, i'm pleased to announce the inaugural meeting of the London DC group, and invite you to come and drink, talk and set the agenda for the year to come... the venue will be our regular future meeting place, and we are lucky enough to have found one with good beer, a private room (with it's own bar), meeting facilities and plenty of room for growth... should we overwhelm the pub, there's always Olympia over the road... :P

there will be a projector for those that want to give presentations, but the main aganda for this meeting, apart from emptying the cellar, will be, errr... to set the agenda... see http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=6722 for discussion on meeting format...

event location:

(upstairs function room)
          The Hand & Flower
          1 Hammersmith Road
          London
          W14 8XJ

http://www.fancyapint.com/main_site/thepubs/pub1835.htm

map:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...&addr3=&addr1=

time:

19:00 till closing

date:

thursday 15th december, 2005

i look forward to seeing you there...
          --
          "In DEFCON, we have no names..." errr... well, we do... but silly ones...

Comment

LoL this sounds great, its kinda a short notice and the 15th aint a good timing one of my friends is getting married and its his wedding on that day soo we most likely cant come.

Major it took you a while to respond lol i gave up on DC for about 2 months ago i thought the group in london wasn't that active,

Comment

I've been keeping my eye on this thread as I'm definitely up for attending.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it on Thursday evening as I have made plans which I can't change at this point :(

Hopefully January I'll be there! (As long as the date doesn't conflict with my Washington DC trip) :)

typeos.

Comment

Working...
              X