Wendy's Advertisement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wendy's Advertisement

Wendy's a Burger Joint in the USA, and im sure anywhere else, is throwing a contest, where you buy 32 Medium, or large cups and you get a one way ticket to whereever Airtran flies, and 64 cups and you get a round trip, so i was thinkin this would be a great way to get to Las Vegas next year. Anyone else up to Dumpster diving at the nearest Wendy's. I think the contest ends on 2/06. and im not sure if you can reserve the tickets now with that special or not, or how long you have to redemm them. Just a thought i would like to throw out there.

http://www.airtran.com/wendys_offer.aspx

Originally posted by warken
    Wendy's a Burger Joint in the USA, and im sure anywhere else, is throwing a contest, where you buy 32 Medium, or large cups and you get a one way ticket to whereever Airtran flies, and 64 cups and you get a round trip, so i was thinkin this would be a great way to get to Las Vegas next year. Anyone else up to Dumpster diving at the nearest Wendy's. I think the contest ends on 2/06. and im not sure if you can reserve the tickets now with that special or not, or how long you have to redemm them. Just a thought i would like to throw out there.

http://www.airtran.com/wendys_offer.aspx
    I saw that the other day, there must be some catch. Nothing is that easy.

Also, Wendy's has "Satisfaction" by Benny Benassi on its new commercials. Is that kick ass or what?
    The dude abides.

Comment

im not sure. Create the account, send in the "coupons" on a 3x5 card. and get 8 credits and you get a airline card. I think they want you just to drink 32 cups of coke. Wouldnt employees just steal them sell them on ebay or something .

edit: http://cgi.ebay.com/256-WENDYS-AIRTR...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Looks good exept.. it doesnt look like las vegas is on there destination list.
        ah well
        mage2atbleedingwounddotcom
        KeyID 3B535825D9402365
        FingerPrint C2AA E142 8826 BAE3 9C2B AA0C 3B53 5825 D940 2365

Comment

hola there!

One of the people who comes into my work is a Wendy's Lackey. I've been wondering about this advertisement since it came out a month or so ago and trying to do research on it. He told me that you have to prepay for your ticket ahead of time, and they send you a check or a voucher (he wasn't sure what and he is not the brightest bulb on the tree)....so that's the catch. I would assume it would have to be a check for $ and not like a voucher for another ticket, but I'm not sure I want to find out. I've totally searched the site on the cup for details and haven't found a single thing.
          ======================================
          DJ Jackalope
          dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
          ======================================

Comment

When I checked the website for the airline company, there was an entry for Las Vegas (flight destinations are ordered on the web page, alphabetically by city (And Las Vegas,NV is in that list.)

A thing to consider is how charges work at airports. There are taxes to flights from cities government on up through to federal government to cover costs at airports. Some cities have charged extra taxes to people if they did not stay overnight, or just used the city for a connecting flight. Some Airports add an extra surcharge to all ticket sales (itemized as a separate cost from your ticket) to subsidize curb-side bagage handler wages. The state may include taxes, and the feds may also add taxes for the new federal employees that have been hired. Airports may add more feeds for noise-charges to pay for some future anti-noise construction, or future renovation.

There is this trend with Cable TV service providers, and airports (as well as other organizations) to provide an itemized bill showing their charges as separate from taxes, and imposed surcharges. This has been used in the past to let airlines advertise one price for a ticket that is actually higher when taxes are added.

This would allow them to say they are letting you fly "Free" but still require you to pay extra taxes. (For people flying from LA/Orange County to LV,NV, half the cost of your flight may be taxes/surcharges.)

It's a good idea for people considering this offer to look at the actual costs that will be reimbursed by the company. Find out the bottom-line cost for a round trip flight, and then ask how much of that would be refunded.

If it is a rebate system, then those providing the rebate will hold you to completing everything required to get reimbursed-- it would be good to see what they require. Maybe they will require you to get something stamped at the airport, or check-in, and will rely upon people to not know and then not bother to go back to get a stamp, or just not care anymore.

Good luck. :-)

Comment

ticket

Ahh as i just looked again. Coming from my area there is not a flight to Las Vegas , or LA for that matter. There are flights to and from Vegas its just depending on where you are going to/from.
              mage2atbleedingwounddotcom
              KeyID 3B535825D9402365
              FingerPrint C2AA E142 8826 BAE3 9C2B AA0C 3B53 5825 D940 2365

Comment

I go to Wendys at least twice a week. But, there's always a catch to these "too good to be true deals". If it was as easy as some simple dumster diving...there would probably more people than those who will be attending Defcon doing it.

Comment

Catches I found:
                  1. Sign up at a website for your A+ rewards account. How many of us signed up for the free ipod deal, quit half way though the process and then started getting spammed like crazy? They will have infor right off the bat that is worth something to them.

2. Properly and completely fill out the 3x5 card. With the spelling and grammar I see here, I wonder how may 3x5 cards will disqualify the entry.

3. Blackout dates. Ah yes. I have never heard of AirTran, are they Korean or something? It's not like a Delta or United special now, is it.

4. Fraud. If they think you are dumpster diving they can legally exclude your entry. They want you to do this by the book.

On the other hand, if the limit is 5 drinks per transaction, and drinks are $1.49 each plus tax, at 64 drinks that's less than $120.

No doubt they expect you to buy a full meal with the drink, this making your expense about ten times the amount. Also not every drink cup will be turned in for the credit, thus making the deal cheaper for the companies. They do the ad, get the business, but do not issue all the coupons they could.

My concern is still signing up for the A+ account. Anyone done that yet?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                    1. Sign up at a website for your A+ rewards account. How many of us signed up for the free ipod deal, quit half way though the process and then started getting spammed like crazy?
                    Actually.. I tackled this in a couple of ways. To start, there was more than one promotion running at the time. One that required signing up for 6 offers and submitting your claim slip, one that required an offer, a referral or something of the such. I took on the 6 offer challenge and was not disappointed. It did involved some money, $ for BMG Music (which resulted in something of value to me), $ and pain to Vonage, which was an experience). My #1 requirement was that any promotion I signed up for be within regular parameters of services/products I would purchase or want to try out. I was able to accomplish this with the help of a couple free AOL trials and without falling prey to purchasing multitudes of sex and diet pills. I already have plenty of those from the telemarketers that court me.

The second issue is spam. Anyone that submits their real info will surely fall prey to ungodly spam. Not says I. Create a pseudoname.. simple as that. All they really need to confirm and ship your product is a real shipping address and a real email address. Well.. the email I used was simply a junk account that forwarded to my spam account, filtered out as something to rescue from auto-destruction. The name I used clearly indicates that mail sent to that persona will be junk from the specific event I signed up for, for tracking purposes. This works for your snail mail too, since you can't hide that address. Any mail sent to Phil McCracken can automatically be sent to the crapper without paying attention to it.

The outfit I pursued this through had an excellent clause about paying the 'market value' of the product in the case that they ran out of iPods. This worked out to my advantage because, in spite of the hype, I was not sold on getting an iPod.. I really just wanted a new mp3 player and an iPod will do. To my luck, they were clear out of iPods... and thus sent me a check for $399.99.
                    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge
                      The outfit I pursued this through had an excellent clause about paying the 'market value' of the product in the case that they ran out of iPods. This worked out to my advantage because, in spite of the hype, I was not sold on getting an iPod.. I really just wanted a new mp3 player and an iPod will do. To my luck, they were clear out of iPods... and thus sent me a check for $399.99.
                      Win. I have actually never heard of that happening. But I'd take a 400usd check any day. What did you end up spending it on? I doubt you actually got the iPod.

Comment

Working...
                      X