Comments and Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments and Suggestions

Come on... the thread is named "Comments and Suggestions" ..... figure it out and lets make some mesquite sented magic.....
    If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

) Updates .. fire along content for the site and I'll get it updated asap. Still looking for pictures/text of last years event .. still slacking, but promise to post all tbbq stuffs soon, really.

Q/A:

Q1) When will the Tdctbbqt happen?
    A1) TBD ..do I smell a poll? (historically the Thursday eve before Defcon)

Q1) What if it rains?
    A1) If you do not show up, you will miss out on a kickass BBQ. I will be there and so will others. Even if the torrential rains of Vegas fall upon us, I'm sure we can adapt .. or get a little wet, so what..

Q2) How much does the BBQ cost?
    A1) Depends how much you bring for yourself and others .. meats + breads + drinks + stuffs = cost

if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

it's not "the TDCTBBQT" because that would be "the The"...

I will get with Londo and get some stuffs sent over to you.. I will also spend some time after Christmas searching for some of the media (if there was any) from last year
      If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

The turnout last year was good reguardless of the Red Light, Green Light we decided to play. Has anyone looked into a possible secondary location? Either a pavillion or possibly permission to use con space for an indoor Toxic BBQ before con if the weather decides to challenge us?

Something would have to be done to stop eat & runs, IE requirement to bring food or donate a few bucks. The actual BBQing would be the bigger task, since the pool area looked small, I don't think garage BBQing would go over well, and who knows what the hotels opinion would be on lighting up fires on the property.

I know last year we debated on holding it at a restaurant before we called it back on. I doubt we will run into rain again this year though unless I just jinxed it.

Comment

Originally posted by [Syntax]
          The turnout last year was good reguardless of the Red Light, Green Light we decided to play. Has anyone looked into a possible secondary location? Either a pavillion or possibly permission to use con space for an indoor Toxic BBQ before con if the weather decides to challenge us?
          I started a discussion of other parks here but I don't remember any indoor or covered locations being discussed. Let's see where it goes this time.

Something would have to be done to stop eat & runs, IE requirement to bring food or donate a few bucks. The actual BBQing would be the bigger task, since the pool area looked small, I don't think garage BBQing would go over well, and who knows what the hotels opinion would be on lighting up fires on the property.
          The general thoughs on locating the TBBQ at the hotel of the con, were: "Having it offsite makes it less conveinient" and "Having it offsite decreases risk of infection by moocher-types."

I know last year we debated on holding it at a restaurant before we called it back on. I doubt we will run into rain again this year though unless I just jinxed it.
          Well, there is always SushiCon. :-)

Comment

we are looking into other parks closer to the venue this year.. hopfuly we will find one soon

Comment

i'm pretty supportive of a "rain or shine" rule this year that eliminates the confusion of weather or not it is gonna happen. just assume it IS happening.
              the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

qbb

Originally posted by KeLviN
                i'm pretty supportive of a "rain or shine" rule this year that eliminates the confusion of weather or not it is gonna happen. just assume it IS happening.
                It's vegas, it doesn't rain, for long. I mean seriously. How many defcon's have been rained out? I seem to remember it rained at DC11, and the same thing happened. 12 minutes of actual rain, followed by a few minutes of grey clouds... Everything burned away in less than an hour, and you couldn't even tell it had been raining.

That being said, Defcon 14 and tbbq are now doomed for a hurricane. Please take note: DEFCON's BEEN CANCELED.

I agree, rain or shine rule applies, but I can understand the aprehension, as people don't want to spend $100 on meat to have it decay in the hotel suite.

I've got a few ideas that I'm going to keep to myself, but let me say, I think this years tbbq is going to be rawkin'

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
                  I second this. I don't know how many people went last year, but myself and several others didn't go (I was looking forward to it) because of the red light/green light game and because of the rain. Hopefully it won't be raining during the BBQ this year, but even if it does... If i know its going to be going on no matter what... then it might be cool to go anyways. (leave everything in the car becides your food/drinks and a fork)
                  The only constant in the universe is change itself

Comment

Working...
                  X