• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• defcon 14 contest ?'s

does anyone know of the offical contests at defcon 14

Originally posted by paranoia702
    does anyone know of the offical contests at defcon 14
    There have historically been Official Contests at DefCon which have included:
    * Coffee Wars,
    * LockPicking Contest (LPCON)
    * Scavenger Hunt
    * Spot the Fed
    * CTF (Capture the Flag, not to be confused with aCTF)

What will be official for DC14 has not been announced. As more information is made available, we'll likely have subforums or specialsubforum-to-links in the "Official Event/Contest" space.

(Moved thread)

Comment

thanks 4 moing it to right sub fourm

Comment

I'm still working out the who's, hows, and a few Why's, but expect a few 'Render's challenges' in the Lockpicking and WD contest.

Many years of participation leads me to want to continue to participate, but also contribute some fun.
        Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by renderman
          I'm still working out the who's, hows, and a few Why's, but expect a few 'Render's challenges' in the Lockpicking and WD contest.

Many years of participation leads me to want to continue to participate, but also contribute some fun.
          Are you thinking of building your own contests, or doing a piggyback thing to the existing contests?
          (I've tried to e-mail kai, but have not received a response. Let me know if you have better luck-- assuming you are in touch with him.)

Comment

Have;nt been in touch yet. Probobly just a piggyback. A locked box wit the prize inside. I'll probobly work out the logistics in a month or 2

Comment

I guess when I see the list of games this year I'll decide if I'll participate. I signed up for the mini games last year and bailed on them. I had conflicting events and talks.

I liked the old wardrive and the scavenger hunt because they are/were both non time specific events. I found the time at one point or another to participate in them.

Thats my input..

Comment

Originally posted by [Syntax]
                I guess when I see the list of games this year I'll decide if I'll participate. I signed up for the mini games last year and bailed on them. I had conflicting events and talks.

I liked the old wardrive and the scavenger hunt because they are/were both non time specific events. I found the time at one point or another to participate in them.

Thats my input..
                I agree with Syntax on the scheduled WD events. I had to make some tough decisions about participating or seeing a talk I was interested in. Hopefully there will be an extended WD as well as the mini games.
                Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
                -Homer Simpson

Comment

I just entered everything and had the MythTV box record the talks back in the room. This year however with the lack of the CCTV feed, it will definatly but a crimp in things

Comment

Hey render and Cot,

I'm an idiot. Check the LPCON Update thread.

Thanks,
                    Kai

Comment

Working...
                    X