Questions about the Rules? Comments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about the Rules? Comments?

After fixing (I hope) a problem recently found in the rules, it makes sense to allow all registered users to provide comment and questions about the new rules as they stand.

Does a rule seem to not make sense?

Does one rule seem to contradict another?

Are there exceptions that are not considered?

Some ideas when looking over the rules with ideas for comment:
    1) Keeping the rules short-- can we make a rule shorter and easier to understand? If rules are too long, people won't read them.
    2) Rules should be reactive-- created based on problems, not created to prevent problems not encountered. Too may rules may stifle creativity and participation.
    3) Rules should be simple

Now's the time to comment! This is a limited time offer. (This thread may be closed at some future date.)

Originally posted by TheCotMan
    After fixing (I hope) a problem recently found in the rules, it makes sense to allow all registered users to provide comment and questions about the new rules as they stand.

Does a rule seem to not make sense?

Does one rule seem to contradict another?

Are there exceptions that are not considered?

Some ideas when looking over the rules with ideas for comment:
    1) Keeping the rules short-- can we make a rule shorter and easier to understand? If rules are too long, people won't read them.
    2) Rules should be reactive-- created based on problems, not created to prevent problems not encountered. Too may rules may stifle creativity and participation.
    3) Rules should be simple

Now's the time to comment! This is a limited time offer. (This thread may be closed at some future date.)
    I like #2 a lot. It really would make it more of a learning process imo. I also think though that there should be terms stated bluntly...as with other forums and communities that I have been on. Someone posted an exploit that was then used literally like 5 minutes later on said forum. While it was comical to a level, it was also stupid that they didn't take the consideration to think it through before posting something of that nature.

and there's my two cents.

Comment

Working...
    X