Pinball Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinball Hall of Fame

Would anyone else be up for a visit to the Pinball Hall of Fame? http://www.pinballmuseum.org/

I know I am not the only pinnerd here!
    "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

well, from what I hear they will have The Adams Family and Appolo 13 (those fuckers better have all the balls) so I'm already planning a trip :)
    If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Yeah, Pinball!!! I would be up for a visit.
      "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

I would love that...sorta out of range at the moment though.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
          I would love that...sorta out of range at the moment though.
          Out of range how? Tre and I will most likely rent another stupid SUV, you know you can catch a ride with us!

I'm really excited myself. I really hope they have a Big Bang Bar! Or a Kingpin!

Comment

Originally posted by Abby_Normal
            Out of range how? Tre and I will most likely rent another stupid SUV, you know you can catch a ride with us!

I'm really excited myself. I really hope they have a Big Bang Bar! Or a Kingpin!
            Dr. Who, Pinbot, or Black Knight 2000. Mmmm, tasty spherical goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby_Normal
              Out of range how?
              I won't make Defcon this year, well next year it will just be antiquier!

Comment

Duh, I'm down ;)

I might talk with the owners, as I know them to see if we get a large enough group if they'll give us a group discount, or maybe if you have a badge, you get something, etc.

Comment

Pictures:
                  http://photobucket.com/albums/e101/nedhill/

Newsgroup post describing PHOF

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...oglegroups.com

Comment

Addams Family Pinball is definitely my favorite pinball machine. I'm down for going.
                    You're either on my side or else you're in the way.

Comment

Here's a list of the games they have so far

http://www.voicenet.com/~ntareski/lv/pinballmuseum.html

I was thrilled to see Safecracker on the list!

Comment

They have a Lethal Weapon 3 machine. My brother and I played one of those non-stop back in the day. I'm down for going.
                        The dude abides.

Comment

Re: Pinball Hall of Fame

They have a ton of good shit there. Was just there with a friend who insisted i go check it out. (we used to play way back, half a lifetime ago)

The proprieter of the place suggested catching a cab there. (Suppose it wouldn't be that expensive if it was shared) but for those of you with Vehicles it should be simple enough to get there.

You can take a few different routs to get to the place if you have a car.

Taking Desert Inn (next main streen south of teh Riv) left (or east) all the way down to Pecos (10-15 minute ride, depending on traffic) then hang a right (south) and take that down to Tropicana (next main street after Flamingo) it's right there.

It's in the mini mall with the cheap theatres (I think it says Tropicana theaters, and on one of those signs that tells what stores are in teh area it says 'Cinema') which is on the right before the light at Trop and Pecos (if your coming down Pecos like I listed above)

Guess at worst you can mapquest it. Definatly is worth the time. They even have some old video games there and any place that has Tempest and Papergoy fully functional in it, besides a load of awesome pinball.. well has my vote

Especially in vegas, where the word 'arcade' is a joke (yeah, i dont like gameworks much either :) )

Comment

Working...
                          X