Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fucktard hall of shame addition:

Overstock.Com dumbass fucktards.

Ok, my fiencee and I were shopping for a digital camera. So we decided to try this site out. We found one for cheap, and put all the information in, then hit submit.
    This included the digital camera, a 512 memory card and a warranty in case it broke.

Shortly thereafter, we decided we did not want it anymore(budget problems) so we wanted to cancel the order, since it had not been sent to the factory yet. Well, low and behold there was NO CANCEL OPTION on the site. We contacted support via the site, since they have this "nice talk to a rep" feature. Yeah, right. The rep did not know what to do and offered little assistance.

We accessed out bank online website, and cancelled the payment there.

Two days later, the money has still been withdrawn from our account, we recieve a 50 dollar "fee" for canceling the purchase from our bank AND we get an email that the item is on it's way.

We contact our bank and the fee is removed, upon explaining the situation(thank you Wachovia, you rock.) and that money returned to our funds. We call overstock.com and tell them we will be returning the merchandise upon delivery, and when they get the items we want to be credited back what we payed. They don't argue.

We recieve the items and are stuck paying for the delivery(S&H) back to overstock.com. We wait.

....and wait...

....and wait...

3 weeks later we contact overstock.com. They have recieved the items and supposedly returned the money. We check our account. Nope, not there. We call the bank, they have not been contacted by overstock.com.

We do alot of footwork and the money seems to be floating in cyberspace, no one know's where. This includes CALLING overstock and talking for over 5 hours, calling our bank, calling John, Dick and Harry. Calling everyone involved in the case. Getting routed and rerouted, and recontacting the rep on the site for assistance.

2 months go by(litterally) as all this happens and we get an email saying that there will be a restock fee of 15% per item and the money on the warranty will not be replaced. Wonderful, so we had to pay for the shipping of an item we cancelled an order on and then have to pay restocking fee? What the hell?

It is now Jan 3rd and I file a dispute with the bank who immediatly takes action(go get `em Wachovia! Bite them in the ass!) and I get a "conference call" where a bank rep, an overstock rep and I all talk. Low and behold the money that they said they were going to pay(IE the 15% fee and the warranty money missing) have been deposited. I am imform the overstock.com rep that it is bad business to make a customer wait for 2 months to give them the money and decieve them about the location of said money. Furthermore, I should be entitled to the restock fee, the warranty money, the money it cost to send it back...and interest. The rep elects to give me the money for the warranty back(she could have done A LOT better...) and ironically that money is STILL not credited to the account(today is the 7th) she informs me that it takes "8-10 business days" for money to return to an account, and I ponder to myself. "Where did we go wrong with the education our schools offer that a grown person does not know that 2 months is longer than 8-10 business days?"

In the end, I advise everyone NEVER to do business with this company and to steer clear from them. I had to pay a 15% restock fee on two items, a fee to return items I did not want, and track down money they lied about...and am STILL waiting on my warranty money to be returned to learn the sad truth about them. Learn from my mistake.

(Btw, I had a simular experiance at NewEgg.com recently. They sent me a defective mouse, then mysteriously took the mouse I had off their inventory when all I asked for was a new mouse exactly like the one I had. Ironically it took them 3 weeks to refund me too. It's amazing how a company can immediatly take your money and even though they have a large returns department still take such a long time to refund your cash.)
    -Ridirich

"When you're called upon to do anything, and you're not ready to do it, then you've failed."

Commander W.H. Hamilton

Originally posted by Ridirich
    Overstock.Com dumbass fucktards.
    Have you submitted this story to http://www.fucktardhalloffame.com/ ?

Disclaimer: The above site is not mine.

Comment

Edumacate yourself:

http://forms.theregister.co.uk/search/?q=overstock.com

Seems thier CEO is a bit on the loopy side and the whole operation is very shifty
      Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

I bought a simple shower head there and when it arrived the one in the box was not the one pictures on the box, and I ordered based on the box pictures they had on their site. It was $30 with $2 shipping, but to send it back would be about $15 due to its weight and size (one of those big rainfall heds). So you can't go by the pictures on the site either.

Comment

Ouch, that sounds bad.
          Call me and my voicemail: +1-604-628-6980 ext 927 (WCP)

Comment

Yeah, I plan on checking up on sites I buy from before buying from them from now on.

Hmm, from 3x in one sentance. Wierd...
            -Ridirich

"When you're called upon to do anything, and you're not ready to do it, then you've failed."

Commander W.H. Hamilton

Comment

"On" also appears 3 times in that sentence.

</pointless comment>
              Twigman

Comment

Well, in response to your pointless comment ;)

"On" is used much more often than "from", simular to conjunctions. I guess it's all in the way we talk.
                -Ridirich

Commander W.H. Hamilton

Comment

Hmm, I've heard of similar problems with overstock.com, and decided long ago that they weren't good to do business with.

I've never had any problems with newegg though. That strikes me as odd. I guess every company has its problems occasionally. Of course there are some (like Overstock) that just suck.
                  One Nation Under Surveillance
                  "War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength."

Comment

Haha, TheCotMan, I assume this submission at fucktardhalloffame.com is yours: http://www.fucktardhalloffame.com/cotman.html

Pretty funny, I especially like the part about they couldn't find any problems with the motherboard :)

I've actually experienced something like this myself.

My laptop constantly overheated and turned itself off, I did alot of talking with some guys from Intel about ACPI problems and such. I tested alot of patches they sent me for the Linux kernel but none worked.
                    So I decided to go back to where I bought it, and they said that they would take a look at it. I got a replacement laptop so I didn't have to put all my work on hold, and after about two weeks I went back to the store and asked why it took so long time, I told them to replace the motherboard, and they said again that they would take a look at it.
                    After about 2-3 weeks i went back to the store... again. And they said that they have completely cleaned my harddrive for viruses and trojans and set up my network properly. I was like what the hell, I delivered my laptop to them with a fresh install of Windows XP, so it wasn't any viruses nor trojans on it. Then he said, ok, let me get me get someone you can talk to. Finally the man with brains arrives and tells me that he will order a new motherboard and replace it for me. After 3 weeks i got my laptop back.
                    -- dev_zero@

Comment

Originally posted by dev_zero
                      Haha, TheCotMan, I assume this submission at fucktardhalloffame.com is yours: http://www.fucktardhalloffame.com/cotman.html
                      Yep. The guy that created that site has a wicked sense of humor, but don't piss him off.

My laptop constantly overheated...
                      Reading the stories posted there is a kick in the head. It is hard to believe there are employees that are underachievers at competancy.

Comment

Working...
                      X