token-ring fiber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• token-ring fiber

I am getting alot of token-ring fiber optic networking equipment in and am planning on selling it, ANYONE know how much this stuff is worth new?

Raylan 18-port fober-optic token ring MAU,

HP JetDirect 600n Internal print server (for fiber token-ring) (found $444.99)

Racore M8158-000-A
    TR16/4 T1/F0 PCI NIC

MADGE RapidFire 3141 TRN PCI Fiber Token Ring Adapter
    (I think I remember these sold for $150 each new)

More to come... (I forgot the name and model of my other MAUs) i got alot of them

Thanks ahead for the info,
    trust me I Googled many of these and came up with nothing. I even Ebayed them but NOBODY has this stuff.
    Last edited by Beginner; January 9, 2006, 14:10.
    "I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art." -Kahlil Gibran

"Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them." -Walter Kerr

Because Token Ring is dead, let it go.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

"fiber token ring"? Do you mean FDDI?
      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
      [ redacted ]

Comment

I'm not quite sure. I just got the cards and MAUs recently. I got them from a local 3-letter organization as they were giving them to the school and then they gave them to me because the school could not afford fiber.
        "I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art." -Kahlil Gibran

"Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them." -Walter Kerr

Comment

Originally posted by Beginner
          ...I got them from a local 3-letter organization...
          TVA? Do you have the Bill of Sale from FDR?

Comment

no, i just have the address of where it was first shipped to FBI. and his phone number. Should I just call and ask? I came on side of box scribbled on with marker.

Comment

Originally posted by noid
              Because Token Ring is dead, let it go.
              heh, old sysadmin joke... "tokin ring - noun - when the IT staff takes a group break, sits in a circle, and burns one down in the server room."
              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
              - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by bascule
                "fiber token ring"? Do you mean FDDI?
                At this point I'm not sure if it is dual-ring capable.

I also have a:
                DCA IRMAtrac model F016
                Fiber Optic 4/16 Token-Ring MAU

along with DCA IRMAtrac Fiber Optic Tokin ring adapter.
                The numbers on the chip are:
                DCA
                9446AV 394891
                VP16515-2
                VICTOR 2
                104911 A
                Last edited by Beginner; January 10, 2006, 14:27.

Comment

Edit was not available anymore on this past so it looks like i have to double-up. (I use edit alot when available, sorry for double -post)

In response to Deviant Ollam's joke; the TOKIN RING isn't dead here either!

By the way as an update these items ARE up for sale, they will probably be the only ones on Ebay. Let me know if you want to purchase without Ebay's assistance I haven't settled on a price yet, but I can ball-park it.

People please let me know if you do come accross their origional prices or what they sell for used thanks.
                  Last edited by Beginner; January 12, 2006, 16:48. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Working...
                  X