Contest Organizers - Send in Your Infos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest Organizers - Send in Your Infos

We are currently working on the DC14 webpages. If you would like to have your contest listed on the DC 14 site, please submit the following information:

1) Name of contest
    2) contest link (if applicable)
    3) abstract detailing who, what, where and when.
    4) any artwork you may have that you would like associated with your contest
    5) anything else you might like included (rules, guidelines, prize details, sponsors, etc)

All information should be sent to: ]blackbeetle[ at ]defcon[ dot ]org[

Many thanks
    blackbeetle

Leader/Organizers of contests:
    Just because you have a thread or Subforum for your event does not mean you are "good to go."

If you need space at DefCon, then you will need to clear a request through Russ, and if you want to be in the schedule, don't forget about the above, and contact blackbeetle.

Planning early, and submitting information sooner rather than later gives you a better chance of having it appear in the program, linked from the main website, and these both can help increase the number of people that may attend.

Also, if your event is a "precon event" or a "postcon event" consider this thread too.

Comment

Just because you have a thread or Subforum for your event does not mean you are "good to go."
      In addition to reminding you about the above, and what DT posted here to make sure your contest/event really exists, don't forget that forum leaders/organizers can add new events to the forum calendar:

Leaders/Organizers may now create events on the defcon forums using the calendar system. Leaders/Organizer generated events are not moderated-- meaning they appear for all to see, immediately after creation.

If your event changes time/location/description, just edit the same event you created.

Comment

Okay, added the defconbots contest. I made a mistake on the practice event though, I set it to all day rather than a ranged event. You can switch it if you want to (I was unable to delete it), the actual event is correct.

How about signs and such? ie, "DefconBots Competetion - 1pm Saturday!" to put around con?
        --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Originally posted by kallahar
          Okay, added the defconbots contest. I made a mistake on the practice event though, I set it to all day rather than a ranged event. You can switch it if you want to (I was unable to delete it), the actual event is correct.
          The DB record for that had to be manually updated, but it is much better than a delete.
          Due to the UTC change, I think I adjusted the date/time properly. Since you are a forum organizer/leader, you should be able to edit it now as a recurring event and be able to se a start and end time.

How about signs and such? ie, "DefconBots Competetion - 1pm Saturday!" to put around con?
          I'll leave this one for a goon to answer.

Comment

Here is a reminder for "Part 2" to Leader and Organizers of contests or events:

If you want to see your event listed on the Defcon 14 events or contest page, don't forget to follow the directions listed by Blackbeetle at the top of this thread.

The following contests or events seem to not be listed:
            Amateur CTF: posted on their site.
            BuzzWord Survivor: email message sent
            Lockpicking Contest (aka: LPCON): posted reminder in LPCON thread here
            PokerCon: /msg sent
            Scavenger Hunt: email message sent
            (WarDriving) Wireless Contest: Hopefully he will come back from his "vacation" healthy, and ready to go with this too.

I'll try reminding people of this part too.

Comment

ScavHunt info sent
              If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Woot! Looks like more have been added:
                http://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-14...-contests.html

Now includes "aCTF" , "LPCon" and "Scavenger Hunt" as well as the others. :-)

(Links will be added to the respective "home pages" to the events in the sub forum descriptions)

Comment

Working...
                X