How did you spend Superbowl Sunday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you spend Superbowl Sunday?

Many nerds, geeks and people I consider Hackers in "real life" are not interested in playing sports and of those interested in sports are mostly not interested in being spectators-- perhaps my sample set is not the norm for nerds/geeks/hacker-types.

How did you spend your Superbowl Sunday?

My day:
    Read a little bit from 3 books, looked at the forums, cleaned house, made food.

A fellow nerd buddy of mine did the same, except he visited family instead of cleaning house.

What about you? Is there anything else for nerds/geeks to do on SuperBowl Sunday?

worked on finishing up a MythTV box and another multimedia machine. had the game on in the background. couldn't care all that much about either team. as an eastern pennsylvanian i despise pittsburg for local reasons but i'm pleased that they won. (those who saw even a little bit of the game know that seattle coaching staff made terrible decisions the whole way through)

all of us in the house cleaned a few things, consumed lots of substances, read, puttered about, and so forth. all in all, a typical sunday evening.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Put the finishing touches on my Defcon talk before I submitted it, went to the flea market, listened to Imogen Heap, and talked to some old friends.

And watched the commercials during the Superbowl.
      The dude abides.

Comment

It was superbowl sunday?

Downloaded Backtrack this morning and been annoying my neighboors ever since.
        Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

I went to work, unpaid, to hang out. I began plotting against the hardware and software limitations of my work box by altering existing partitions and working on various nix installations to see what I can pull off to get the system to be linux or bsd based, while still accessing all corporate resources with AD, citrix, et al .. as well as getting proprietary win32 applications to comply... in spare time I used the opportunity to learn new job roles as they came up, and otherwise spent the day joking, eating, and watching bw 5" superbowl action with coworkers, even though I don't give a crap about football and didn't even know the superbowl was today or who was in it.

Today rocked.. you?
          if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Ha ha, I didn't even know it was Superbowl Sunday until a couple of hours ago.

That said, I downloaded a couple of torrents, researched registering as a volunteer at Anime Detour, and e-mailed my employer with an update on the website I'm currently making for them. Oh yeah, I read some, and then went to Blockbuster.
            One Nation Under Surveillance
            "War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength."

Comment

I watched the Super Bowl

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

I went to a local art and anthropology museum with my wife. We had a wonderful time examining a number of pieces. The highlight was a Egyptian mummy from the 6th century BC, along with the X-Rays of her. (The mummy, not my wife.)

This "super bowl" you speak of... It is anything like "Tidy Bowl"?
                Thorn
                "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Watched the Super Bowl of course! Sad to say it wasn't one of the better ones in history, nor were the commercials. GoDaddy had yet another commercial banned this year, which I thought interesting. Also, watched as my friend tried to replace his tire that he blew out driving too fast to make it on time for the coin toss, doh! Oh yeah..(and church)
                  Answering easy questions since 1987
                  Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut être contre moi?

Comment

Played pool with my girlfreind, holy smokes! what now? yea, a girlfreind.

Comment

Originally posted by CP99
                      Played pool with my girlfreind, holy smokes! what now? yea, a girlfreind.
                      Congratulations! I hope everything works out for you two.
                      Answering easy questions since 1987
                      Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut être contre moi?

Comment

Originally posted by Second
                        Congratulations! I hope everything works out for you two.
                        lol, so far so good!

Anyone else, you know, just watch the bowl for the ads?

Comment

I finally went to check out the computer of a friend who lives an hour away. He is not tech savvy and when I got there he had ME, AOL, etc, and was complaining about the usual problems associated with ME, AOL, etc...
                          After my lecture, I did a clean XP install. Then, as a REAL italian, he made pasta with clam sauce, some italian cheese bread, and salad. About 10-12 people came over as they traditionally do every Sunday, and we ate.
                          "640k ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

Comment

I watched the superbowl while working on some images in Photoshop with my laptop as various male members of my family let out gutteral sounds of delight and sadness at the tv. Ohh yeah the Lasagne was good today.
                            Did Everquest teach you that?

Comment

played x-box, made a video, watched the game.
                              If you can read this you don't need glasses

Comment

Working...
                              X