Project Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Progress

I thought I would post the latest photo (for now) of my project and let everyone know that they are welcome to post their's also.

Last edited by TheCotMan; February 14, 2006, 10:34. Reason: Merged -- rule violation [power posting] copies of original in /dev/null

Now do that with a microcontroller and not a PC. ;)

Looks good so far!

LosT

Comment

He is using a microcontroller

Originally posted by LosT

Looks good so far!

LosT

Comment

Pc???

Originally posted by LosT

Looks good so far!

LosT
        I am using a PC power supply, but the only involvement a PC has beyond that is to give me the development environment for the C code for the two Microchip processors that are being used to control the gun and handle the targetting.

The "little dude" is self contained (except for an air cylinder or compressor). I am working on a gun design to mount on the turret that will use compressed air for pellet power... I have a fallback airsoft gun mechanism I will use if my gun design plans don't work out.

Thanks for the positive comment by the way!

Comment

Very nice, I'll have pictures to post of the arena very soon.

Also, please make sure that your custom gun design will not shoot so hard as to punch through a blanket, that's what the backstop is right now :) If you can get a chronograph, I think normal airsoft guns shoot at around 350fps max.
          --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Airsoft speed

Originally posted by kallahar
            Very nice, I'll have pictures to post of the arena very soon.

Also, please make sure that your custom gun design will not shoot so hard as to punch through a blanket, that's what the backstop is right now :) If you can get a chronograph, I think normal airsoft guns shoot at around 350fps max.
            Looking forward to seeing the arena. One of the things that I have to "put together" for system testing in the months to come.

As for my design, it has sensors to let me monitor the velocity of the pellet and an air regulator will let me adjust the speed. I guess I will leave the rail gun head at home when I come down...

Comment

Working...
            X