Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[relocated from another thread] Tutorials to make home made LP Tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [relocated from another thread] Tutorials to make home made LP Tools?

well i was just wondering if any body knows of a site that has a good tutorial on makeing your own picks and tortion bars?
    Soulidium (So-li-de-um) The place within us that contains the mystical spirit and soul of our creative artistry. A place where the fabric of our lives and experiences are transformed into their artistic equivalents; A housing for the very voice of our souls...

my cable modem is going to explode but what the heck... here's a terrific video that is the most comprehensive summary of homemade picks i've ever come across. [XviD, 101 MB]

anyone who wants to mirror that or help me torrent that would certainly be in my debt.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Deviants super-rockin happy fun show flick #1 now can also be found here as well. 2mbp up pipe added.

http://defcon.lostboxen.net/forums/making_picks.avi 101,432KB [XVID]

if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge
        Deviants super-rockin happy fun show flick #1 now can also be found here as well. 2mbp up pipe added.

http://defcon.lostboxen.net/forums/making_picks.avi 101,432KB [XVID]

Build and serve a torrent, and I'll help out too.
        (I've got the video too.)

Comment

Originally posted by converge
          Deviants super-rockin happy fun show flick #1 now can also be found here as well.
          goddamn, you guys rock harder than the dropkick murphys if they were inside of the bosstones' drum kit while listening to avail.

Originally posted by TheCotMan
          Build and serve a torrent
          that is something i've never actually done. will have to R some FMs over here first.
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
            goddamn, you guys rock harder than the dropkick murphys if they were inside of the bosstones' drum kit while listening to avail.

that is something i've never actually done. will have to R some FMs over here first.
            Pretty easy:
            1) Run your own tracker or choose one that you like "out there"
            2) Build the torrent file that includes the file(s) you want to share, and include args to the torrent-building-app like the name of the dir and url to tracker(s) that will track seeders/peers/user availability and md5sum(s).
            3) Load the torrent file with the dir of files just like you would if you were continuing a torrent you interrupted. (You can also choose other options like "super seeding" when starting up a torrent to be shared with a few reliable hosts.)
            4) Publish the torrent file on a web server with an appropriate mime type for torrent files, and then let people know abuot it.
            5) ?
            6) Profit!

Let me know if you need help. I recently started doing this more extesively, and wrote a few scripts so that I can just pass my script an arg like "directroy" and have it build a torrent with my options and a default tracker.
            I've found a curses-based tool that is very simple, but nice:
            btlaunchmanycurses.bittornado
            It has many features. (One I'd like to see it have is keyed access to alter the maximum upload/download rate without retsarting, but that is another story.)
            The nice feature it has, is that it scans a directory for new .torrent files every p-period seconds (p=30 seconds IIRC), and then starts using them if you add them, and it also scans for removal of previously served/used torrents for decisions to drop service/use of those torrents.

For that app, rate limiting is applied over all torrents. So, if you only have 100kB/s you want to share to others at the moment, then all of the torrents share this. Only one torrent being used? that user may get it all. 10 users over 3 torrents, then ~(100kB/sec) / 10 users.

As for choosing a rate, that is a tough decision. You want a rate fast enuogh that people don't lose patients, but not so fast, that each user ends up downloading only from you-- defeating a key advantage to torrents.

One last item, if you are going to be a primary seed, it is "considerate" to make your torrent client "connectable" by people in the real world. (Core "sharing" clients/servers should really be connectable when possible.) Without port forwarding, people behind NAT, IP Masq, or firrewall/filters, or <network limiting appliances> can only share to, and download from "connectable" servers. If nobody is connectable, then a bunch of non-connectable users that have incomplete downloads, but whose totals are 100% of parts will never finish.

Comment

well thanks for giveing me mey own thread on this but i was kinda hopeing for maybe pictures of picks that are actual size or maybe a diagram that has actual pick sizes layed out in a line so i can try to match theone im makeingto the correct size.
              Soulidium (So-li-de-um) The place within us that contains the mystical spirit and soul of our creative artistry. A place where the fabric of our lives and experiences are transformed into their artistic equivalents; A housing for the very voice of our souls...

Comment

Originally posted by inoxxs
                well thanks for giveing me mey own thread on this but i was kinda hopeing for maybe pictures of picks that are actual size or maybe a diagram that has actual pick sizes layed out in a line so i can try to match theone im makeingto the correct size.
                Have you tried searching google images for lockpick ? You should find some pictures there, and perhaps find a high resolution image too.

Here is an example I found with my second google search (using advanced options for only "large images")
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...cktemplate.jpg

For such searches, like this, try google in the future; it worked for me!

(Image was linked from here.

Comment

actually i have on many occasion looked on google, profusion, and yahoo. unfortunately i have never come across this picture. thanks much

Comment

hair up the butt says:

http://defcon.lostboxen.net/forums/m...s.xvid.torrent

.. will keep the flatfile up, but torrent is obviously the preferred for me, and should be for you as well. enjoy.
                    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

templates for making picks

may i suggest lockpicking101.com - search for making own picks, or templates - there's a lot there.

-mouse
                      One Voter really can make a difference. Ask me how!

Comment

Working...
                      X