Apple product announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple product announcement

Looks like Apple's being a real C U Next Tuesday...

http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/21/a...-next-tuesday/

We've seen a lot of spurious invitations for new product announcements from Apple this month, but we've got confirmation that the latest one making the rounds is real. As usual, Stevie J. is playing the hype game; this time, he's asking us to join him for the unveiling of some "fun new products" at the Cupertino event. So, what'll it be? The touchscreen video iPod? Intel-powered iBooks? We don't know for sure -- but we will be there to find out (which means, of course, that this had better be real, or we're gonna have a very hard time explaining why we just charged a plane ticket to our corporate card).
    I'm guessing this is new products in their Intel line (my guesses miss much more than they hit, btw), but who knows, it could be a 3.5" LCD Video iPod (with touchscreen)

Still, I hope for a Mac Mini with Core Duo. That would be quite the incentive to replace my aging Dell desktop.
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
    [ redacted ]

Dont know if you've seen this..
    The Ipod Flea

Comment

Could it really be the touchscreen iPod Video?

http://www.macshrine.com/2006/02/23/...d-video-shots/
      [ redacted ]

Comment

Or could it be...

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Internet marketing hype through the perception of, "a new secret," worked for "The Segway" and "The Blair Witch Project" so it would make sense that companies would try to learn from these cheap forms of advertising, and then apply what they learn, in order to use "word of mouth testemonials and conjecture" to provide cheap advertising for them.

What's next? Businesses will more extensively focus on building meme that are spread by consumers on the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
            What's next? Businesses will more extensively focus on building meme that are spread by consumers on the Internet.
            Damn you Apple!

I'm like some kind of pathetic prison bitch that gets raped daily and keeps crawling back for more
            [ redacted ]

Comment

Looks like they may be launching the iTunes Movie Store:

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index...S&NewsID=13930
              [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by bascule
                Still, I hope for a Mac Mini with Core Duo. That would be quite the incentive to replace my aging Dell desktop.
                Called it:

http://www.apple.com/macmini/

They also launched this:

http://www.apple.com/ipodhifi/
                [ redacted ]

Comment

man... my iDump lost fragrance after 10 uses.. and one of the grey buttons is a little loose in the britches. I contacted Apple support and they said the next OS upgrade would fix it though... so I'll just get the $100 fixer within a month or two.
                  if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

The hifi is more expensive than the Bose dock...and the case doesn't have access to anything.

More expensive than other products that have more features. Yup...that's apple.
                    jur1st, esq.

Comment

I sincerely hope that everyone who was running around with a giant boner over the upcoming product announcement now has spooge in their eye and a vague feeling of having been cheapened. Talk about a non-event.

Comment

I am waiting for iToilet. It holds your dick, shakes it for you and even whipes your ass if you take a shit!
                        -Ridirich

"When you're called upon to do anything, and you're not ready to do it, then you've failed."

Commander W.H. Hamilton

Comment

psshh.. I've already got a toaster that does the same thing

if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by skroo
                            I sincerely hope that everyone who was running around with a giant boner over the upcoming product announcement now has spooge in their eye and a vague feeling of having been cheapened. Talk about a non-event.
                            If anything I'm relieved... I was rather worried they were going to launch the iTunes Movie Store right after we added video podcasting support on the site I'm working for.
                            [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by bascule
                              If anything I'm relieved... I was rather worried they were going to launch the iTunes Movie Store right after we added video podcasting support on the site I'm working for.
                              Understood, and that certainly makes sense.

What got me, though, was that of all the speculative devices out there, the touchscreen video iPod was pretty much the only one I really cared about. We've already got the Core Duo desktops and laptops, so having the Mac Mini switch over made sense. But as for the iPod HiFi or whatever it's called... I know Apple has a history of making its own peripherals, but this seems to be going to the extreme. I'd really rather they concentrated on the core part of their business rather than trying to step in on the aftermarket.

Comment

Working...
                              X