Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PokerCon FAQ

The basic Faq is posted at http://dc859.org/pokercon/faq.html

What should be added? I got most of the questions asked so far.
    The dude abides.

Originally posted by Xodia
    The basic Faq is posted at http://dc859.org/pokercon/faq.html

What should be added? I got most of the questions asked so far.
    Cool, thanks!

Start time? Assuming you probably have to wait for Russ to finalize event space and times.

Start time of final round? Same as above, but betting a lot of people would be interested in swinging by to check this out, especially when it gets down to the final table.

Maybe a rule against phones/pdas and such at the table?

Selling custom chips? Maybe not entire sets, but I know I'd be willing to pop 5 or so bucks for one each denomination, could even be ones used after the final round so you don't have to buy extra. (prolly doesn't go in FAQ, but I've seen a lot of discussion and just thought I'd add my 2 pennies)

Noticed you had a thread about waiters/waitresses, might mention that only staff are allowed at the tables. No bringing drinks for your freinds/etc.

Just a couple thoughts. May not be worthwhile.

Kai

Comment

Originally posted by Kai
      Noticed you had a thread about waiters/waitresses, might mention that only staff are allowed at the tables. No bringing drinks for your freinds/etc.
      i could see the logic behind something like that. perhaps along the lines of meetings with a prisoner or interaction with a witness during a trial... you're allowed to have things that get presented to them, but you can't interact with them directly. you get the attention of a bar maid / server / etc. and they do the handoff. this is more to keep bystanders from having a closer view of cards and other players than anything else. i don't think that someone would slip an extra Ace to a person underneath a drink coaster, but the less we have crowds right up against the tables the better, at least as the action gets closer to the finals. velvet ropes, perhaps? (either that or tape lines on the floor would be a good idea... some formal delineation, otherwise people will be spilling all over the place.)
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Kai
        Cool, thanks!

Start time? Assuming you probably have to wait for Russ to finalize event space and times.

Start time of final round? Same as above, but betting a lot of people would be interested in swinging by to check this out, especially when it gets down to the final table.

Maybe a rule against phones/pdas and such at the table?

Selling custom chips? Maybe not entire sets, but I know I'd be willing to pop 5 or so bucks for one each denomination, could even be ones used after the final round so you don't have to buy extra. (prolly doesn't go in FAQ, but I've seen a lot of discussion and just thought I'd add my 2 pennies)

Just a couple thoughts. May not be worthwhile.

Kai
        All good things. The FAQ will be updated momentarily.

We'll figure out some way to make a crowd barrier.

The start time of the event is pretty much 5:00PM on Friday, but yes that is pretty much up to Russ (Heck, we haven't even officially gotten the final nod that this will be able to happen. Thats why registration isn't open yet and may need to be pushed back for Goons to later than March 1st.).

The final round start time is very up in the air. It depends on how long the total game takes. I suppose its possible we could split the final table to playing on Saturday at some point.
        The dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
          i could see the logic behind something like that. perhaps along the lines of meetings with a prisoner or interaction with a witness during a trial... you're allowed to have things that get presented to them, but you can't interact with them directly. you get the attention of a bar maid / server / etc. and they do the handoff. this is more to keep bystanders from having a closer view of cards and other players than anything else. i don't think that someone would slip an extra Ace to a person underneath a drink coaster, but the less we have crowds right up against the tables the better, at least as the action gets closer to the finals. velvet ropes, perhaps? (either that or tape lines on the floor would be a good idea... some formal delineation, otherwise people will be spilling all over the place.)
          heh, I was thinking of buying the table a round and slipping in some ruphies!

OK, maybe not, but yeah, the potential for fewing cards of your buddies opponents then texting the results would be fun. Prolly not enough time to do it, but hey, this is DC and someone will try something! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Xodia
            All good things. The FAQ will be updated momentarily.

We'll figure out some way to make a crowd barrier.

The start time of the event is pretty much 5:00PM on Friday, but yes that is pretty much up to Russ (Heck, we haven't even officially gotten the final nod that this will be able to happen. Thats why registration isn't open yet and may need to be pushed back for Goons to later than March 1st.).

The final round start time is very up in the air. It depends on how long the total game takes. I suppose its possible we could split the final table to playing on Saturday at some point.
            Thanks.

Understood on the times, just thinking I'd like to come by and check out the final table(s), assuming I'm dropped early and not at one!

Comment

Today the FAQ will be updated at 4PM with the things Kai mentioned above plus:
              - Can I organize a different card game to be played in the PokerCon space with no money involved?
              - Should I put the dealer tip in my Paypal pre-registration or wait until the con?
              - How can I donate to the cause?
              - Whats the deal with airline peanuts?
              - Is there really a Black badge for first place?
              - No more cash prizes, Why?
              - No more free t-shirts to every player, why?
              This also comes with an update to the registration page explaining we cannot open registration until we get the final "ok" from DT and Russ.
              Last edited by Xodia; March 2, 2006, 17:48.
              The dude abides.

Comment

Working...
              X