People Grillin' Things up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People Grillin' Things up

I make a damn good chicken pizza on the grill, Kai has some mean grilled Shrimp, what else are people planning on contributing?

I figure a thread devoted to this will make it easy for people to figure out what there is an opening for, and for ride providers to see who could use some help. Personally I think more side items would be cool, but I can't think of many grilled sides minus Corn on the cob.
    The dude abides.

Sausage and cheese stuffed mushrooms (drizzled with red wine).

Chicken chili peppers. Hollowed out green peppers, stuffed with chopped chicken (grilled with a good chili powder based rub/marinade), crumbled cornbread, and a spicy tomato based BBQ sauce (vinegar sauces kill it).

Used to grill portatoes in foil, and when they were done, scoop out the insides for a bed under steak to soak up all the blood/juices (rare to medium rare or nothing). Take the hollowed out potato skins and brush with a little olive oil, load up with bacon or sausage, broccoli, and cheese, then cook for a couple minutes on foil with lid closed. Only problem is they take quite a while to cook on a closed grill.

Garlic bread cooks up pretty quickly with the lid closed (top shelf/indirect) and then a few seconds face down to sear. Usually do this last after the foods done and heat dropped.

I always enjoyed some smoked kielbasa heated up on the grill and thrown into some chucky apple sauce. (parents used to make this for dinner, but always worked as a great desert in my book!)

Anyway, just a couple ideas for sides. I'm not planning on much more than steak/shrimp/151!

Comment

Lil_freak's BBQ Chicken Cordon Blue

I also grill a mean Herb-and-Garlic Pork loin and potatoes & mixed veggies.

I also make a really good homemade marinade that I think even Flea would like:

1/2 cup Italian dressing
      2 habanero peppers; dried works best but fresh ones work just as well
      2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
      1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
      1 teaspoon pepper
      "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

this toxicbbq is fast fixing to be the best one ever imaginable. i cannot wait. i'm going to place another order this year with Exotic Meats (which i've been assured by the owners will not end up stuck in a sorting depot like last time) so i'd like some suggestions as to what should make an appearance.

last year we had an order together that included gator, buffalo, caribou, elk, bear, yak, and rattlesnake. anything that isn't worth getting? anything else that should be on the list?
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
          this toxicbbq is fast fixing to be the best one ever imaginable. i cannot wait. i'm going to place another order this year with Exotic Meats (which i've been assured by the owners will not end up stuck in a sorting depot like last time) so i'd like some suggestions as to what should make an appearance.

last year we had an order together that included gator, buffalo, caribou, elk, bear, yak, and rattlesnake. anything that isn't worth getting? anything else that should be on the list?
          I think Yak Burgers would be interesting, but thats just me.
          The dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
            last year we had an order together that included gator, buffalo, caribou, elk, bear, yak, and rattlesnake.
            I am (once again) willing contribute to the exotic meats fund. My friends were not particularly impressed with rattlesnake meat and it happens to be quite expensive. Perhaps it would be better to get more of the other meats by sacrificing the pricey one?

Then again, rattlesnake is the most interesting meat on the list.

Comment

what, no emu or alpaca?!

Comment

That exotic meats place is about 4 miles from my office. If you want, closer to the event, I can pick up the order and ship it myself if that was the issue last year.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

I wasn't involved with it, but what happened to the "exotic meat" last year? I don't remember people talking about it at the time. Of course, it could be I forgot something...

Al K. Lloyd
                  "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Originally posted by noid
                    That exotic meats place is about 4 miles from my office. If you want, closer to the event, I can pick up the order and ship it myself if that was the issue last year.
                    How about some panda? That's good eating!
                    "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

Originally posted by alklloyd
                      what happened to the "exotic meat" last year?
                      Short story? The delivery company let it sit too long in a warehouse in the summer.

Comment

yeah, that is what happened. the meat company was really on top of things and put together a terrific order, priced well, and packed solid. (standard dry ice boxing, etc... with huge-ass marking of "PERISHABLE" on all surfaces of the containers.)

UPS somehow fouled the sorting/routing and managed to get the box to vegas on the correct day intended but not to me specifically. (well, not to siviak's house which was the destination) instead, the shipment sat in a warehouse in vegas heat for an extra 24 hours while the exotic meat staff and i both called repeatedly with tracking numbers trying to iron out where the fuck it went. by the time UPS got themselves squared away the BBQ had passed (it was much later that night or possibly the next morning when i finally got word as to what happened) then later in the weekend (during con when no one was home, i think) the meat showed up on siv's doorstep. it was still relatively "safe" (i was told, "do they have dog? you could feed it to a dog") but in the end it was all wasted.

the meat company was really terrific (instantly refunding my money, doing nearly all of the detective legwork finding the lost shipment, etc)
                        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Scavenger hunt item: order meat and insist that it be left on a dock for a few days. (They did it before, they can do it again!)

Comment

I plan to attend as per every year so far, but I have nothing cooking wise to offer.

I had something I was planning to bring, but it fell thru. Im still working on it.. Apparently its a product not available in the US, and the distributor I found wanted an arm and leg to ship it.

If all fails I'll be bringing supplies, and meat as I did the last few years.

Comment

Working...
                            X