Defcon Crafters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defcon Crafters

Would there be any interest in a hacker craft contest? I know we have a lot of crafters of different types. I though it might be fun to have a defon themed craft contest.

Any interest? We'd need some judges too, as well as suggestions for prizes.
    Last edited by Abby_Normal; March 19, 2006, 20:37.
    "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

A Defcon knitting contest. Who can knit a 'sploit in under an hour. I'd pay to see that
    Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

yeah.... are you thinking like an art contest? like who can build the coolest sculpture using only parts from a IIe? cuz it sounds a little shaky...
      the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

There could be several categories of crafts, like "drink" (includes beer), food, dessert, textiles, clothing, art from tech (clock, mobile, statues) , or others.

There has been discussion in the past for having a home-brew (beer) contest, and a contest of TBBQ eats. If these contests don't go anywhere, perhaps categories in a crafts contest might work. If a category grows "large" it can be spun off to a separate contest.

Combining several "craft contests" into one, might allow several people to work together, and if a table needs to be staffed, people can take turns. (Cooperative craft contests might allow many categories, but shared work.)

Comment

Maybe just create any piece of artwork that is "hacker/computer" themed.
          Like the goatse sculpture made of toilet paper made at DC12.

It would be interesting to see what people came up with.
          Last edited by [Syntax]; March 20, 2006, 01:48.

Comment

The Sculpture in question was almost entierly L0nd0's doing

And as far as any crafts go I am out, but Mom has offered to knit us a flag with the DC smileyface and crossbones
            If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
              The Sculpture in question was almost entierly L0nd0's doing

And as far as any crafts go I am out, but Mom has offered to knit us a flag with the DC smileyface and crossbones

DC smily face laptop cozy would be better I think
              Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by renderman
                DC smily face laptop cozy would be better I think
                Funny, I was designing one. But mine had a fun fur border at the top. I was thinking black back, white smiley, purple fur trim around the opening. Or perhaps something with stripes.

I need to chart out some stuff. For you knitters out there http://www.thedietdiary.com/knitting...tersGraph.html\
                Generate your own graph paper.
                "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
                  Can she knit Highwiz some underpants?

Comment

Re: Defcon Crafters

What about a contest for outfits and getups for the Black and White Balls?

--edited by c0n_ ... please, readable colors when possible, modified to save others the pain.

Comment

Working...
                    X