Video of a working gun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of a working gun!

The arena is built, the reference gun is built, and the software is working!

And there's video!

http://defconbots.org/rules.php (video at the bottom)

So check it out, see if you can keep up, or if you're thinking about the contest you can just see how cool it is to have a computer controlled gun :)

Also, if you're another team, please post your pictures/video here. We need more interest so that we'll have a good competition!

Kallahar
    --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

I'm still working on mine, I'll post some teasers when summer starts. Can one person from each team post here so we can have an idea of how many people are in this?

Comment

I've been working on this prototype for a few years but haven't been able to design a processor prolific enough to handle my logic algorithms... *shrug*

if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

If anyone needs help getting their design to work, please feel free to ask. I'll provide whatever help and advice I can. I've already posted all my designs/code to get you started. It really is a fairly easy project, just gotta sit down and start building/coding :)

Comment

I have a few questions about the arena...
          The "black" targets will actually be black right? (That could be taken to mean they aren't lit by the LED's) as I didn't see any in the video you posted
          Will the arena be lit like a normal indoor area? (the video makes it look dark, with just the LED's illuminating)
          Is the arena that you posted finished? I was under the impression that there would be movers.
          Are the LED's in your video blinking, or is that the contrast enhancement in the camera adjusting the image?

Thanks
          -Brandyn White

Comment

1) Yeah, black will be painted flat black as well as having no led. In this video there is one target with black tape over the LED, that worked for this gun since it only sees in IR but the official ones will be all black.

2) We're not positive what area we'll be in, but I think we can assume it will be lit by overhead flourescents which may possible be able to be turned on or off based on your preference. If you require a pure light source you should bring your own just to be sure.

3) The arena is finished enough to compete, so based on time we'll try to add moving and blinking targets. I'm 90% sure we'll make the time though :) Some of the targets "blink" right now due to poor conductivity on the LED connectors, but that's unintentional and will be rectified.

Exciting! :)

Comment

hehehe looks liek too much fun

Comment

Working...
              X