Official Forum Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Forum Meet

Since we have some extra rooms at the hotel this year, let's try to work out a day and how many people we think will show up, and I'll scare up some meeting space. If we want it for a more party environment, maybe we should go for a sky box.
    PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Originally posted by Dark Tangent
    Since we have some extra rooms at the hotel this year, let's try to work out a day and how many people we think will show up, and I'll scare up some meeting space. If we want it for a more party environment, maybe we should go for a sky box.
    I think a request was submitted to Russ, requesting to have this event take place on Friday from 8pm to 11pm. (the historical day and time for this event in the past.)

An additional request was made to see if this could be located next door, or near PokerCon, since several forum people were planning to sign-up for Pokercon, and it is scheduled (assuming there are no problems) to take place starting Friday @ 5:00pm.

Xodia mentioned there were going to have breaks every few rounds. This would allow forum people in the contest to also socialize at the forum meet, and perhaps provide bleed-over.

I spoke with two people online about the forum meet, and one complaint about last year, was that it did not last long enough. Their comment was that the 2-3 hours from DC12 was really much better. (I was not there last year, so I have no comment about the DC13 forum meet.)

Comment

Can we just make sure that everyone is on the same page this year and we don't get kicked out of the room because someone did'nt know we were supposed to be there?
      Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

if the lockpick village ends up being in a skybox (as we're hoping for and discussing in this thread) we plan on setting things up so that the hardware can be pretty well secured during the evening hours. our skybox could be the forum meet venue for friday evening. i'll PM Grifter to get him up to speed with our hopes and the possibility of coordinating with this as well.
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
        X