Virangar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virangar

A friend of mine's site got hacked by 'Virangar Security Team', who have posted their website "Virangar.net and .org" on his site as well.

I am wondering what anyone knows about these people. To me, hacking sites is the anti-thesis of security. Then again, they are Iranian, from what I saw.

I am not asking for anyone to go after them, only for information on them, since I cannot read that language.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and before a goon comments on 'teach me to hack' or 'hack for me' I want to clearify I am only seeking information on the group to find out WHY they would have targeted my friend's site. I think you guys know better of me by now.
    -Ridirich

"When you're called upon to do anything, and you're not ready to do it, then you've failed."

Commander W.H. Hamilton

Judging by their site and the google hits returned, I think "Security Team" is just their name. They appear to be just a garden-variety website defacing hacker group.

From what I can gather it's unlikely it was anything specific against your friend.
    One Nation Under Surveillance
    "War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength."

Comment

It seems far more likely that your friend was a victim of circumstance. He may have been running something exploitable and easily found through Google.
      "This Site Hacked By Virangar Security Team"
      Results 1 - 37 of about 121

Comment

That's what I was thinking....google had 14 pages of 'this site has been hacked by...', but when I went to their main site and could not read it...I was hoping maybe there was someone who could.
        -Ridirich

"When you're called upon to do anything, and you're not ready to do it, then you've failed."

Commander W.H. Hamilton

Comment

Working...
        X