Goons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goons

I think goons have done a great job. I am sortof happy to see that goons were able to enjoy themselves a bit more at Defcon 9, because all the boring security work was done by an outside company...
    Still, what do you think about goons?
    They're Great. They do a great job.
    78.95%
    They take the fun out of Defcon!
    2.63%
    They get in the way of having fun, but they are just trying to do their job.
    0%
    They're just goons. Typical security. Nothing more, nothing less.
    5.26%
    They are evil! They did (blah). That was really bad. (Post below if you have an opinon related to this option)
    0%
    I feel sorry for them. (All their work)
    7.89%
    I don't care.
    5.26%

I think the goons are nice people, even if they smell funny and talk loud. One of them helped me get my kitty out of a tree. I was going to give him some pie, but he said he was just helping out. Thanx Defcon Goons

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Umm....

The goons are like this: alcoholic and the meanest drunks you will ever see. They are cool if you have booz and and don't hesitate to give it to them.
      "I'm not a robot like you. I don't like having disks crammed into me... unless they're Oreos, and then only in the mouth."

Comment

I thought that priest does not drink...
        At least that is what I heard

Comment

heh..you heard wrong..that man can put it down like nobodys business..give him a Gin & Tonic (preferably made with Bombay Saphire) and you have a friend for life..and we're not all alcoholics, we just act like it..

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Goons are not alowed to drink when on duty, right?
            And they can only wear their goon shirt when they are on duty.
            So, its pretty hard to know if someone is a goon, and buy them a drink, unless you spot their goon badge.

Comment

Goons are not alowed to drink when on duty, right?

sez you..how do you think we manage all weekend? :)

And they can only wear their goon shirt when they are on duty.

ya, this is true

So, its pretty hard to know if someone is a goon, and buy them a drink, unless you spot their goon badge

or if its priest..the man is easily bigger than anyone else there (with the noteable exception of cjunkie and Deth Veggie)

Comment

I guess I am really out of the loop when it comes to the goons at DC. First I thought preist did not drink (thats just plain crazy), then that they could not drink when on duty (sortof makes sense, but whatever)

Anyways, any other interesting goon information or discussion?

Comment

Alcohol?!

We have booze at DefCon?! OH MY GAWD! What will the Christian Coalition say!?

Comment

Wait I thought we were always on duty...we get time off?
                    AMFYOYO

Comment

The goons do a good job. As DT said in the open letter the goons work for free, and at the expense of their own time and money, etc. Look at it this way: Imagine if there was some hired private security force, like the Alexis Park has. They would NOT be nearly as kind to the attendees and Im sure there would be many more arrests for all the dumb shit we end up doing. Goons rock. You guys devote all kinds of time and effort and its extremely appreciated. Keep up the good work. We all owe you a round, eh?

Comment

Wait I thought we were always on duty...we get time off?

well, most of us do..you dont..get back to work..

Comment

The goons do a good job. As DT said in the open letter the goons work for free, and at the expense of their own time and money, etc. Look at it this way: Imagine if there was some hired private security force, like the Alexis Park has. They would NOT be nearly as kind to the attendees and Im sure there would be many more arrests for all the dumb shit we end up doing. Goons rock. You guys devote all kinds of time and effort and its extremely appreciated. Keep up the good work. We all owe you a round, eh?

Well, I appriciate the kind words..It seems that most con attendees dont seem to realize that we are your buffer between you and either hotel security or the police. Last year I kept a kid from going to jail..Even tho this is the same little fuckwad that was accusing me of being 'The Man' minutes earlier. Ya, Jeff Moss rules defcon with an iron fist and Defcon goons exist to take away your fun..thats why we go to the mat to keep little fuckers like him from going to jail..ya, that makes sense

I think a big part of the problem is these little spoiled psudeo revolutionary wannabes that so desperately want something safe to rebel against so they can feel like they're fighting the powers that be, without of course, risking getting in real trouble and losing mommy and daddys financial support. After all, how would they afford the new Best Of album from Rage Against the Machine. Fight the Power and dont trust anyone over 30!

Comment

Yup
                            We need to all work with the goons instead of against them. Goons should be there for our saftey. They are not the enemies. Go home RATM kiddie rebels that fight the facist goon squad! ; )

Comment

damn!

I'm going to have to pay more attention to this particular thread.... I havent seen noid say that many words at once in.... oh.... errrr....

Ok, who's at Noid's computer?!!?!?

Noid: You rock buddy.... just nothing else to say about that. :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X