Defcon shootery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defcon shootery

I seriously would entertain the idea of offering our hard drives to the defcon shoot as long as a goon held the hard drives close to them as gold until they were destroyed.

Im sure plenty of us here have old/dead hard drives to donate. I have 2 maxtor drives that I wouldnt mind getting rid of.
    Delicious Poison:

The difference between a nerd and a geek? Well a nerd does not wear Spider Man butt huggers.

Originally posted by klepto
    I seriously would entertain the idea of offering our hard drives to the defcon shoot as long as a goon held the hard drives close to them as gold until they were destroyed.

Im sure plenty of us here have old/dead hard drives to donate. I have 2 maxtor drives that I wouldnt mind getting rid of.
    Sorry. What does this have to do with "Defcon in the news" ? (Where it was posted when I responded here.)
    Goons would not be allowed to hold targets while people shot at them, as this would be a violation of the rules for a firing range. Is this an attempt at humor at killing/injuring goons?
    I have not heard if there will be a Defcon Shoot this year anyway.

Comment

No, I think he was saying he would be down with letting us blow up their hard drives, provided the hard drives remain in protective custody till its time for us to blow them up (i.e. they may have sensitve data on them that they dont want some noob getting his hands on).

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
        Goons would not be allowed to hold targets while people shot at them, as this would be a violation of the rules for a firing range. Is this an attempt at humor at killing/injuring goons?
        i think he was referring to a desire that many people would have for the drives to be treated securely (and not left somewhere that person could try to copy files out of deleted sectors, etc) up until the point where they'd be destroyed

Originally posted by TheCotMan
        I have not heard if there will be a Defcon Shoot this year anyway.
        while there is not likely going to be one out in the desert (since that range was gone as of last year) there's a good chance that those of us who went to The Gun Store to play with rental machine guns will be returning. i think they allow people to bring their own hardware, as well, so perhaps something may come together. all up in the air at the moment.
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by noid
          No, I think he was saying he would be down with letting us blow up their hard drives, provided the hard drives remain in protective custody till its time for us to blow them up (i.e. they may have sensitve data on them that they dont want some noob getting his hands on).
          and

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
          i think he was referring to a desire that many people would have for the drives to be treated securely (and not left somewhere that person could try to copy files out of deleted sectors, etc) up until the point where they'd be destroyed
          The way I looked at it seemed out of character for him, but I did not see another view. (This is why I didn't act before asking.) Your suggestions make more sense.

while there is not likely going to be one out in the desert (since that range was gone as of last year) there's a good chance that those of us who went to The Gun Store to play with rental machine guns will be returning.
          When this is completed, perhaps it will be used by Defcon people too. According to Phase 1 Timetelines (pdf) it looks like they might be open by Defcon 16.

Comment

Originally posted by noid

Yes, even though I've used DBAN on my drives, there's still that possibility, but anyways, it's just a thought.
            Delicious Poison:

The difference between a nerd and a geek? Well a nerd does not wear Spider Man butt huggers.

Comment

Working...
            X