Sept. 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sept. 11

I was wondering what people thought about afghanistan and the terrorism issue. Should we invade afghanistan, just use special forces and covert ops, bomb the heck out of them, bargain with them, etc.
    I think that we should limit it to using special forces and covert ops. Invading would be just plain stupid, look at what happened to the russians during the cold war when they tried to invade. Bombing won't do anything but piss people off even more at us, and this has gone beyond bargaining.

I expected Bush to send the troops in right away without though, In fact that is the way I felt myself. Waking up in the morning turning on the TV seeing buildings and planes in there falling down was like a sick joke, wasnt sure if it was real.

It is weird about how things still havn't been delt with but you figure if those people drove a plane through a building they could go and do a lot worse. Sure the planes may be secure now, what about Semi Trucks, trains, boats, subways, cars........

Getting the whole world on the side of the US has done very well and scared the shit out of people, but in turn there is hate towards the muslims and now religious groups are taking it personally if the US goes and attacks afganistan people.

=/

Freak

Comment

i beleive there is no way of "bargaining" with a group thats sole purpose is to launch terrorist attacks against america.

usama bin laden deserves punishment, why should we let the people who are harboring him judge him?

Comment

Well, we are just cleaning up our own mess. We created Bin Laden, and all the other messed up people in the world. When I say we, I mean the US, specifically, the CIA.

Comment

We "created" them and used them for our own reasons, we did not create them to kill us ;)

Even in cases like Usama Bin Laden and us training him as a freedom fighter, we abondoned him and possibly costed hundreds of lives... hundreds of lives doesn't justify wanting everyone in the us dead... listen to laden's last messages.

Comment

We created them, to usually kill the one we created and let get out of hand before.

Its a very simple and effective pattern. Bush thought of it. Old bush. He knew what he was doing when he set this up.

Comment

exactly, because due to limitations in the minds of american citizens we could not take official action in the matters... not everything is as simple as alot of anti-government freaks like the ones i used to be affiliated with think.

governing is not a simple matter...

war is not a simple matter... neither is waging a war america isn't suppose to be involved in.

america may do very weird and wrong things, but i'd like to see any other country with the power and foothold of america try it differently. same goes with you ;)

Comment

Listen, people want war. It makes them look at something far away, instead of looking at their meaningless lives. George the First (As he was called by the CIA) changed the whole system (for the worse). Sortof like Oceiana (sp?) in 1984, there is always an enemy for the civilians to yell at so they do not start thinking for themselves.
                Enemy = Mod Mentality = Control.

Its much more simple that you think Melteye.

Comment

first off "nulltone" you know me, you know i would be the last to side with meaningless propaghanda. Even if our government did nothing and sat back and let the ignorant americans realize how much their lifes suck (which isn't true, alot of the stories you read are extremely exagerated opinions and those people had serious mental depression problems ;)) there would still be greed in the world, there would still be war... and what the hell would we do then? throw our self-pity at them?

by the way i was kidding about the stories, you know how i think... remember hazard ;)

Comment

afghanistan

"Getting the whole world on the side of the US has done very well and scared the shit out of people, but in turn there is hate towards the muslims and now religious groups are taking it personally if the US goes and attacks afganistan people."

Well let me just say first. The US is not being so great in getting people on its side. To do that your government is doing deals on the behalf of human rights and all that crap.
                    Example: Syria is a country that harbors extreme terrorists.!
                    Syria was elected as a temporary 2 years member to the UN security council (after the attacks!!) and the US didn't even veto the decision just because Syria agreed to say the words" yes we will fight terrorism with you".
                    Is that a true war against terrorism? discarding whatever atrocities they did and do daily?

Same story for Sudan..etc..etc..

In other words, the new foreign policy is : stand by our side and you can do whatever you want, or else live with the consequences.

So my friends can exercise crap as much as they want and can get away with it.
                    yes great!!!!!

In my opinion, people have become very evil, selfish and crapy nowadays.
                    Wonder when Mars will become habitable.. I will prolly buy it all and live there by myself(Of course I will have my inter-galactic internet ).
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------
                    "Everything that's countable doesn't necessarily count. What counts isn't necessarily countable."
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

"In my opinion, people have become very evil, selfish and crapy nowadays."

They always were...

May I join you on mars? Not in that way of course. :D

Comment

yes you can

but bring your own network cards and cables heh.
                        :D
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------
                        "Everything that's countable doesn't necessarily count. What counts isn't necessarily countable."
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X