TBBQ Ride Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TBBQ Ride Sharing

I'd really like to get in on the BBQ action, but me and my buddies are flying in and won't have cars... how is that gonna work?

many people have the same problem for the same reasons...

but if you meet up in the lobby (let me verrify that that is accurate this year) before we all leave for the food run, we will most likely find everyone a ride.
    the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Ah, very good point to raise! Many a folk in Vegas will not have vehicle transportation, while a good handful will.

So.. post here! If you have a vehicle and are will to share open seats, or bless you, decide to operate a taxi service for the BBQ (remember folks need a ride home too)... or if you simply want to go to the BBQ but don't have a ride yet. Here's the place to hook up.
      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

does anyone know the laws in vegas concerning seatlbelts and/or occupants in places that aren't actual seats? i called LVPD last year when a bunch of us were considering riding in the bed of a pickup truck in order to try to get a straight answer out of them but they wouldn't give one. (they one guy kept on saying "i don't think we have a specific ordinance against it, but you might get pulled over anyway" amid my repeated protest of "if it's not specficically illegal then on what grounds would we be pulled over?!?")

nothing quite beats packing a bunch of people into a jeep or pickup if you're going to a BBQ out in a park or field... i just don't want to run afoul of any local lawmen. does someone else have harder details regarding how strict vegas is with respect to rural-style carpooling?
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
          nothing quite beats packing a bunch of people into a jeep or pickup if you're going to a BBQ out in a park or field.
          The Border Patrol, Minutemen and DHS may confuse you for a bunch of illegal immigrants from Canada looking for work in nudie bars.

Seriously though:
          http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho.../18823577.html
          Originally posted by url
          Officers are required to have pulled a driver over for a separate offense before they can issue a citation for failure to wear a seat belt.
          Sounds like a secondary violation**.
          # 4 (a) Is not a moving traffic violation under NRS 483.473."

You probably know it is easy to select from subjective primary violations as reason to pull someone over.
          "Over weight limit."
          "reckless driving" -> "Drive a vehicle in willful or wanton disregard of the safety of persons or property." Is driving a vehicle with more passengers than seatbelts an example of this? It could be argued as a primary violation and cause to pull you over to get you on a secondary violation of not having seatbelts for passengers.
          # 4 (b) "May not be considered as negligence or as causation in any civil action or as negligent or reckless driving under NRS 484.377." (nevermind that example where a passenger has no seatbelt, but perhaps significantly more passengers than belts?)
          While following you, the officer thought he, "smelled marijuana coming from the car."
          "Brake lights are too dim."
          "Fail to signal"
          (You get the idea)

It also appears as though, if any passenger is under 16 and not wearing a seatbelt even though one is available***, that the driver gets the fine.
          *** Does not mean to imply more passengers than seatbelts would make this, "okay."

Search nv traffic laws:
          http://public.findlaw.com/traffic-ti...affic-law.html

Safety belts:
          http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-4...l#NRS484Sec641

[Added:]
          NRS 484.453: Obstruction of or interference with driver’s view; interference with driver’s control over driving mechanism; vision of driver through required glass equipment; additional penalty for violation committed in work zone.
          May not overload a vehicle if it interferes with your operation of the vehicle like you can't see in some direction.
          May not have more than 3 people in the front seat.

[Added:]
          NRS 484.473 Unlawful riding.
          May not ride in the back of a pickup, unless you meet exceptions listed.
          Last edited by TheCotMan; June 12, 2006, 08:25. Reason: altered

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
            NRS 484.473 ... May not ride in the back of a pickup, unless you meet exceptions listed.
            ah... but one of the exceptions listed is "if the person is 18 or older" (and even if they're under 18 it's ok if you're engaged in some sort of agricultural work)
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
              ah... but one of the exceptions listed is "if the person is 18 or older" (and even if they're under 18 it's ok if you're engaged in some sort of agricultural work)
              Or camper Shell.

So, you going to take your "migrant farm workers" (under employed Canadian Nudie Bar contract workers) out to the park to "work on the fields" (volleyball, frisbee, standing, or sitting) and "pick fresh beer" from coolers, or "irrigate the porcelain"? ]:>

I'm planning on geting a rental, but I think my 3 passenger spot are claimed.

Comment

I live here, and I have a Long Bed Pick Up... I always took the rules as, if your under 18, you ride up front, if your over 18 you can ride in back, becase its your own ass. I don't mind taking people and grills to the location. I have plenty of room. I drive people around all the time as it is. Besides you just have to know how to talk to the cops, invite them to the BBQ for shits and giggles.

Comment

They can't care too much about it.. last year we piled folks in the back of Nobody's truck with no issue, and then loaded Rich in the trunk of the car we were in. I can imagine the look of shock on the faces of LVPD if they found a LIVE body in the trunk of a car...
                  Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Re: TBBQ Ride Sharing

It would be shock that the person was still alive...

Comment

Anyone remember how many people we had crammed in my car for the first year of the BBQ? I think we had someone sticking out the sunroof.....

LosT

Comment

Originally posted by LosT
                        Anyone remember
                        yeah, that was kinda screwed up... and it wasn't small people either, considering I was there.
                        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Working...
                        X